Saturday, September 14, 2013

How do you connect to the Internet on a laptop?

best laptop for boston college
 on to get serious results! The DSD team is made up of some of the top ...
best laptop for boston college image



Wild Sage


I just got a brand new laptop. It has wireless connections and when I try to log on it gives me a list of networks to choose from. When I brought it outside during my lunch hour (I work in Boston) the list of networks included colleges, and businesses in the area. I couldn't log on using any of the networks because they had private access. Then there was one that said "Public HiFi" or something like that. I tried connecting on that one but I wasn't successful.
Also, if I use the laptop at home, do I have to have my PC on to be able to connect to the internet?



Answer
you don't have to have your desktop on at home to connect to your Internet also if you don't have a wireless modem your laptop may not be able to pick up ur Internet. If you want to take your laptop other places outside i suggest getting a Internet card most phone providers have them. (ie Sprint,T-Mobile,Virzion ext...) I believe you can pick what type of card you would like and you pay for it like a cell phone a certain amount a month. Hope this helps!

What should I pack for my trip to Boston?




LalalaBlon


I'm going to be a senior in high school and got into a summer program in Boston at a collage. The dorm has no air-conditioning so I will be buying a fan as soon as I get there! I'll be staying there for a little over two weeks in July so I'm guessing hot and humid? I'm from CA and really have no clue on what to bring or wear while I'm there. I want to look good and professional since I'll be working with collage professors but not really dressy as I'll be spending a lot of time having fun with my high school peers as well.
I'm a girl by the way.



Answer
In Boston, the weather in July is normally in the lower 80's so plan for the weather accordingly.

In college you don't have to be professional, even though you are interacting with college professors. If you want to look nice for the time you are working with professors then I would suggest wearing nice short sleeve blouses, nice pencil skirts, and heels or flats or nice summer dresses with a light weight cardigan and flats or heels. For the time you aren't "looking nice" you can wear whatever you normally do - summer dresses, skirts and tops, shorts and tanks, etc.

You will need shower supplies - shampoo and conditioner, soap/body wash, towels, wash cloths/loofahs. You may want to pack a shower caddy to transport your shower items from the room to the bathroom and shower shoes (old rubber flip flops will work as well) to wear in the showers.

You may want to take some things to keep yourself entertained while you are there. Bring your laptop and charger, your cell phone and charger, books or magazines, money for going out, etc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do you connect to the Internet on a laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment