Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What's the best laptop for design student?

best laptop for interior design student
 on ... By Article Dashboard Myspace Layout Generators | Home Design Plans
best laptop for interior design student image



Yasmin


I need to find a laptop for college next month. I'll be taking interior design. Please give me recommendations beside macbook. :) Thanks


Answer
you might consider ASUS N61JV-X2 16-Inch laptop
Intel Core i5-430M Processor 2.26 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.53GHz
4GB of DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM, 2 slots, 8GB Max
500GB Hard Drive (7200 RPM); Super Multi Optical Disk Drive; Wi-Fi 802.11 bgn
16-Inch HD LED LCD Display; 2.0MP Webcam; HDMI Port; NVidia GT325M Graphics Engine with 1GB DDR3 Dedicated VRAM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00352LQYO?ie=UTF8&tag=bestdeals-y-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00352LQYO

which laptop is the best alternative for a macbook pro?

Q. Hi there. im so confused! basically i know that mac is currently the best one for its graphic applications. However its also too expensive for me as im still a student. Thus i need a recommendation for an alternative brand. id be doing interior design so prob i need one that can support those 3d softwares well. and also lots of RAM.
hmm ok then. now just checking out between dell and hp, which one is more reliable?


Answer
I chose between an HP and a Sony. I would NOT get a Dell - I had one and it was awful. It was the one recommended my by major the year before I came in , and it just ran slow.
I am currently an industrial designer (3rd year). I chose a Sony VAIO FW with 2.53 Ghz processor (you can get 2.8 Ghz), 320 GB 5400 RPM HD, 256MB vRAM ATI Radeon graphics card, 4GB RAM- those are the main specs. I'm in love with it. It runs Solidworks and Autodesk Alias wonderfully (better than my MacBook Pro did - oh yeah, I switched from a MacBook Pro after having it for two years). It also runs games quite well - I just participated in Warhammer Online's preview weekend and the game look excellent on my computer - sharp and crisp with brilliant color. My boyfriend even admitted my picture was better than his 17" MacBook Pro when we were playing as my text and modeling were more defined.
My computer was also under $1,000 dollars.
The other computer I would suggest is the HP dv5t - an excellent machine. You can get the same specs at the FW - only it can come with a 512 MB graphics card if you feel you really need it (an MBP has a 256MB). It is around the same price as the FW - I chose the FW for the screen ratio (16.4" Widescreen is awesome) and it's pretty great styling. It's a tad smaller and lighter than the 17" MacBook Pro. It feels great - and I love it. It's been wonderful for all my design work and I love the screen for editing stuff in Photoshop because I get such crisp detail - it's really amazing.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks&a1=Category&v1=Versatile+performance&series_name=dv5t_series
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=8198552921644564390&parentCategoryId=16154
I say to do the configure to order - and get an Accidental Protection Plan (both their 3 year plans are 350 - the same price for Apple's non ADH plan!). They both have some discounts going on for back to school too!
I'd go for one of those two - or something similar in one of those brands.
Good luck and if you have any other questions feel free to contact me! Have fun in interior design - hope you get a computer you love.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's the best laptop for design student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment