Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Best Laptop to Buy for a college student?

best laptops for college students cnet
 on Fujitsu Bump Case - Tablet protector - for Stylistic Q550 at ...
best laptops for college students cnet image



ejtl


I am planning on buying a new laptop..What can you guys recommend that I buy?

Laptops with
-built in camera
-lots of memory
-lightweight (I'm tiny so I want to carry something small and handy)
-fast
-not too expensive

Also, if I go to Best Buy or some store, what should I watch out and ask when it comes to laptops?

Please help. I am clueless about buying laptops.



Answer
Buying a laptop is a complicated decision which will affect you every day for the next few years.

In addition to price and specs, you want to consider things such as ease-of-use, speed, reliability, stylish-design and tech-support.

Different people would have different opinions.

Therefore, I would recommend you to check ProCompare.com. They have a recommendation engine that ranks laptops (and other tech products) based on ratings and reviews from a community of trusted IT professionals. They also have a cool personalization slider that lets you personalize the results based on the criteria that are most important to YOU.

Here is a direct link: http://procompare.com/Find_Products/Note...

You may also want to check cnet: http://reviews.cnet.com/

Hope you'll find it useful.

What is the best laptop for online college students?

Q. I don't need anything for gaming and stuff like that, I just need to know what laptop is going to be the fastest most efficient and has the longest life?
Thank you
((((MM))))) so great to see you =D


Answer
I think one of the main things to consider when buying a computer is the processor, the type of processor you have impacts speed and your ability to do more than one task at a time. ( And so does memory, but unlike memory processors can be expensive to upgrade ) Since processors can be so expensive to upgrade, I would recommend buying a computer with the fastest processor that is within reason. ( at some point the price begins to get significantly higher without as much increase in speed )

Memory ( RAM ) is also important for the speed of the computer, it is easier to upgrade later than other things, but I would recommend starting at 3 GB of RAM, but 4 GB would be better.

I'm not sure why so many people are down on Windows Vista, I haven't had much trouble with it, and I can't think of anything that I have had trouble with that hasn't been resolved.

I found a review from Cnet.com that list retail laptops and rates them, if you are considering buying from retail stores this may be helpful.

http://news.cnet.com/back-to-school/pc-reviews/?tag=centerColumnArea1.1


I am partial to Dell, they often have good prices on computers and you can specify what you want, so you can upgrade the processor and memory, and if you buy a computer with a faster processor I believe it will increase the time that it is serviceable to you. ( I mean it won't become " outdated " as quickly. ) You can check out Dell's website to look around:

http://www.dell.com/


I hope that this is helpful, and I hope you find the laptop that you are looking for and that suits all your needs.

sincerely,
your friend, andrew

ADD: Here are some deals at Dell if you want to see

http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/laptops_great_deals/fs.aspx?refid=laptops_great_deals&s=dhs&cs=19&~ck=mn




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best Laptop to Buy for a college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment