Thursday, September 19, 2013

How many hours should a GCSE student study each day while on study leave?

best laptop for gcse student
 on Nachhilfe-Vermittlung Nachhilfe English
best laptop for gcse student image



L


My exams are in just over a week, how many hours should I put in?


Answer
I've been on study leave for the past week or so, and I've been doing around 7 or 8 a day. it's not as bad as it sounds, though. I just say every morning I need to do chapters 5,6 and 7 in history and 9 in science or whatever and don't stop until they're done. yes, I take breaks, and eat meals and stuff, but I don't watch t.v. or anything until I'm done. this study routine may also help, it may be hard the first 2 or 3 days, but it gets easier and easier and you're way more productive doing it this way (at least, everyone else I've told has been):
Get somebody to check on you every half an hour, like a parent or older brother/sister. Tell them to force you to study for 1/2/3/4 hours a day, no matter how much you want to stop.
The single most important thing is to TAKE BREAKS! This is not just me rambling on, it has been proven again and again by scientists. Every 45 minutes take 15 minutes break, you brain is physically unable to absorb any more information at that stage. but during breaks, don't watch TV, read, or go on the computer. This will only distract you and you'll loose track of time and not go back to your work. talk to somebody, but tell them in advance to stop you at whatever time. And don't text people, your phone is your worst enemy! turn it off! Give it to a parent to mind until you're finished! Let the charging run down!
Planning in advance what you want to study helps, like "Today I'm going to study all of chapters one, two and three in science" and don't stop until you've finished them (but still take breaks).
Make a study plan, like "I have three weeks until my history test, and 75 chapters. i want to have three days before my test to revise everything, but only skimming through to refresh my mind. That leaves my18 days to study 75 chapters. 75 divided by 18 is four chapters a day and three extra, which I will do on Saturday 18th." i know that sounds complicated, but just break up how much you have to do for each subject for how long you have left. write it down for each subject so you don't forget it.
i mentioned skimming through everything there, which is something everyone i've told to try found it amazing. I can't remember what i studied two weeks ago, but when i was studying it i made notes, pictures spider diagrams/ word webs for the major topics. if you don't know how to do these look on google images or something and you'll see it's a word in the centre with different parts on that subject coming out of it. for example the centre word(s) may be DIGESTION in a circle with the words teeth, stomach, liver, etc. at the end of a line coming out of it. then in turn incisors, canines and so on coming out of that. try using colour, you're more likely to remember it then. the day or so before the exam read over these notes (which you must always keep together in a folder of A4 pad).
for the distractions at home, my advice is everybody has a room with nothing in it. mine is my dads' study. yes his laptop is in there but i can't access it or if it's a TV give somebody the remotes (but the are not allowed watch it). i've already told you to get rid of your phone (that's what distracts most people).
if it's siblings or people distracting you, tell them fine, if the want to talk the can, then hand them a book and get them to test you or (a personal favorite) teach the (even if they already know), explaining stuff to them in simple terms and in your own words. get them to respond to this with questions and then break it down even more. if they can stand this, then great, they're helping you. if they can't, then they can either put up with it (your exams are more important than their gossip) or they can shut up and leave.
give people no excuse for distracting you, I'm giving my dad headphones for Christmas so he can't play his music in my face, and my mom her own copy of Romeo and Juliet so she'll stop stealing mine.
good luck, and hope this helped!

I want to set up a charity for education... what do underprivilaged children in schools need?




Ava Wava m


to be on a level setting with other kids?

This is for a part of my town that is significantly below the poverty line and have the least sucessful kids in terms of sat's and gcse's.

I was thinking of donating money via the form of school uniforms and books that can be a financial burden... am i on the right tracks here?



Answer
you are on track however the needs of the under privileged schools can be staggering I would suggest getting sponsors and other charity's to help you and the main thing I believe is Laptops or desktop computers they make learning enjoyable and give those students a confidence that they are on the same levels as other students or you can arrange funding so those schools can go to exhibits,museums,zoos etc like the wealthier communities.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How many hours should a GCSE student study each day while on study leave?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment