Monday, September 9, 2013

Becoming an independent student...?

best laptops for college students 2014
 on The World Economy by Beth V. Yarbrough, Robert M. Yarbrough - Reviews
best laptops for college students 2014 image



blondechic


I have been going to college since 2007. I have only went part time, so its taking me longer. This semester, I am a full time student. I am getting less money being a full time student, then I was when I was a part time student (over $1200 less). Well today I got an email from my school that said that I can no longer get student loans because I have reached my limit for a dependent student. I currently live with my mom because I do not have a job. I had a job when I first started school and they would not let me off to go to class so I had to quit since I was getting Dâs and Fâs. I am now getting Aâs and Bâs. Financial Aid has told me that if I get below a C-, there is a chance I will no longer get financial aid. I am unable to pay for school myself. I was raised by a single mother and she is currently only getting $200 a month altogether, and that barely covers our rent.

What I was wondering is will I get more money if I label myself as an independent and move out on my own? Can I be labeled a dependent student in the fall and independent in the winter? I am currently only getting $1,000 for a refund. My textbooks cost anywhere from $300-400. I am in need of a laptop, but was unable to because I had to help my mom on her electric bill. Iâm also in a dilemma because I live an hour away from my school. I was having vehicle problems so I decided to take online classes, but there are certain classes required for my degree that are only offered online. I drive a minivan, which sucks up gas so it will cost me about $20-30 per day I go on campus. But because I am getting such a decline in my refund, Iâm not sure if I will even be able to go to the campus.

I am 23 years old and I would love to live out on my own because as an only child, I am becoming too dependent on my mother. So If I move out on my own and become and independent student, will I be able to get student loans?
Thanks, I didn't realize that. I turn 24 January 15th so maybe I will receive more aid in the Fall of 2013 so I can take classes on campus.



Answer
you can't "label yourself as independent"
even if you are not a dependent per IRS, you will still be a dependent for FAFSA until you are over 24

FAFSA will show an exact date for 2012-2013 academic year it was: born before Jan, 1 1989

so for 2013-2014 it will say: born before Jan. 1, 1990

no, you can't change your dependency status in mid-academic year

you can find a job that will not interfere with school.... for example, my bf works as an overnight security guard. He works 28 hours per week while in school 18 credit hours. Look for any job where you work over-night & then you don't have to worry about scheduling... you just have to be very good at time management & working in time to sleep.

this is info on FAFSA dependent vs independent student: http://www.fafsa.com/understanding-fafsa/fafsa-dependency

24" iMac 2.8Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HardDrive or 15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HardDrive For College




TG


Both of these computers are about the same price $2014 for the iMac and $2024 for the MacBook Pro. This is with the student discount and the free iPod and Printer. The MacBook Pro has a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256 MB. The iMac has the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS w/512MB GDDR3
Screw PC I don't care how cheap they are! PC's cost less because the are P.ieces of C.rap!!! Vista blows and I hate their security features. They are just waiting to be infected with viruses. You won't convince me otherwise so you're wasting your time!!
identity haha what kind of bogus name is that? if pcs are so great then why are macs selling more and more every quarter than PC? And how the hell do a couple of sentences show "how much i know about computers"?! i have My CCNA through Cisco Networking which is a two year course in its self i've spent enough time on a pc to know how much they suck. and even XP isn't that great and there's no way it "runs circles around OSX" HAHA dude ur funny!



Answer
It depends what you want to use it for if you want to use it in class for notes and/or you want to play some medium complex games then MacBook pro but if you dont want to use it in class then iMac.
(I do have the imac and its great)
ps.if you want a good laptop get the MacBook 13 incs 2,4 ghz,2 gb ram,250 hard drive.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Becoming an independent student...?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment