Tuesday, September 10, 2013

What laptop should I get for college being a computer science major?

best laptop for college computer science
 on best sellers the new york times best sellers children s books ...
best laptop for college computer science image



thejayhayk


I am going to college in a year and I am going to study computer science. So naturally I would like to have a really good computer while I am there that would work well with whatever is thrown my while at school. I know Macs are great and run well and stuff, but I was wondering if there were any PCs that would be recommended for studying in that field?


Answer
Here's a baseline (Minimum) Spec list you can go by

- Processor: Any 2.0GHZ Dual Core Processor that supports Hardware Virtualization and executes 64bit instructions. Preferably Intel Core i3 or AMD Phenom II X2 N660 or higher
- Memory: 4GB or more
- Hard Drive: 320GB or more
- Screen Size:any 14" or 15.6"
- At least 3 USB Port
- Gigabit Ethernet Port
- VGA Port
- HDMI port
- Wi-Fi
- Memory Card Reader
- Webcam
- Microphone

That's about it. Remember these are the Minimium Specs, you can a laptop like this for around $430 US dollars

Which laptop should i get for Computer Science?




joey t


So im going into college and im studying computer science and i need to know which laptop i should get. I was going to get a macbook pro but people say you cant run the more advanced programs on the mac OS. Im looking for a laptop that will last me a long time. Price does not matter.


Answer
I will suggest you for windows because you are going for computer science(me also) so you will have to do a lot of programming use compiler and high PC usage works so windows is better for these because mac's are all made for casual use and entertainment they are not actually for computing.if you don't know how to take care of your system get a mac if you want to surf the web do some editing get a mac. But if you know how to work your way on a system get Windows , you have more freedom. Simply and you can do all of the things you can do on your mac and more....you will have a lot of option with windows but with mac you are limited...there are a lot of programs developed for windows but not for mac ..also if you are thinking to buy mac OS x and use windows in it with boot camp then you are not going to get full performance so buy any full windows laptop from dell or something...one more thing if a PC goes wrong its probably easy to fix but if a mac goes wrong then forget it you have buy a new one.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What laptop should I get for college being a computer science major?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment