Friday, September 27, 2013

What kind of laptop to get for college freshman?

best kind of laptops for college
 on best sellers the new york times best sellers children s books ...
best kind of laptops for college image
Q. I'm wondering what kind of laptop is good for a college freshman? I'd prefer PC, not Mac. And I'm not going into a business major, I know sometimes they need specific types of computers to support their programs, but that's not the cases for me. I'm going into environmental engineering.
I'm looking for specific brands and such to look for


Answer
Get the cheapest machine you can get from a major manufacturer with the following stats. Core 2 duo, 2GB of RAM, 120GB HD (5400 RPM) and don't get steered into a machine w/a dedicated graphics card - they give you a lot of power you may not need but will add to the price, weight, size, heat and power consumption.

What kind of laptop should I get for college?




christine


What are some things i would want in a laptop for college? And what kinds of laptops are best (Macs or PCs) for what i need? I am considering graphic design and fashion design as majors, but I will also be taking liberal arts classes. I also want to use the laptop for things like internet, typing, music, pictures, and the usual. Any advice/suggestions?


Answer
If you are going into graphic/fashion design, you will need / want a laptop with upgraded graphics and processing power. You will likely also want a monitor with high resolution. I'd look for a laptop with:

a discrete graphics card (not Intel HD built-in graphics);
an Intel i5 or i7, or AMD A8 processor (quad core is better!); and
At least 4GB of DDR3 RAM;
laptop screen resolution higher than the standard 1366x768, like 1600x900.

Many laptops fit these criteria; your budget and taste will determine which is right for you!
A few examples (links below): Dell XPS , Asus G73 series, Lenovo ThinkPad T520 or Ideapad Y series.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What kind of laptop to get for college freshman?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment