Wednesday, June 4, 2014

laptop or netbook.... college student?




Kayyy Bee


i am a college student so i'm on a budget
it needs to be able to run word, excel, powerpoint. watch instant netflix. keep itunes on it. etc.
originally i wanted a 14" laptop but the more i think about it the more a netbook is appealing to me.
the keyboard isn't an issue.... i have small hands/fingers.
the screen isn't as bad as i thought it would be (size)
i just don't know that much about laptops and netbooks.



Answer
Netbook should be fine for all of that, get a higher end one with enough ram/memory though to ensure you have enough room for everything and it still runs fast.
One great thing about netbooks is that the battery life is really long! Plus, there very small and its easier to carry around a second battery, which means even more time without having to plug it in.
Good luck(:

Need smaller laptop: pc or mac for college design student?




leviathan3


Trying to keep this short: entering college as a design student, considering digital photography and imaging as an alternative, need a laptop that will last me four years of college. Will be using Adobe Photoshop CS2 and CS3 excessively, need laptop to have intel core 2 duo processor and at least 2GB of memory. I also need a smaller one that will be easier to carry around campus to classes. For this reason, Iâve been considering possibly the 13.3-inch macbook, although I would really like a laptop that is pc based.

So. Do I stick with getting a macbook, or is there a pc laptop out there thatâs small and easy to carry around and has Intel Core 2 Duo Processor and lots of memory?



Answer
The main difference between a Mac and PC:

Macs are the only ones that do OS X.

Overall, I'm not really comfortable with OS X. I use it all the time, just to work with a few Mac-only programs, but that's it.

Lots of the software I need works on Windows, so I find using a PC is much more convenient. Plus I've been using Windows Vista lately, and it works great for me.

I love the Mac hardware, but not OS X. You could run Vista on it, but it's not the same experience.

If you are going to get a PC, don't buy a cheap one. Cheap ones always break down, cause problems, and make you (think) you wish you had a Mac, which is sad.

I'd recommend a Sony Vaio, they're practically the only other computer maker that makes great computers.

I use it all the time, and it's quite nicely designed. It even catches the eyes of some of my college friends when I walk by. It's that cool.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: laptop or netbook.... college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment