Friday, June 6, 2014

Laptop Decision: Macbook 13" Pro 2012 or Macbook 13" Air 2012?




football64


Macbook Pro 2012 or Macbook Air 2012?

I am a college student and have been waiting for an Apple Macbook for awhile and I guess these are the newest laptops, so can you help me choose?
- Size is not a big deal, just needs to fit nicely in backpack.
- Prices are similar for students
- I am not careless, but still a college student.

Macbook Pro 2012: ($1,099)
13-inch: 2.5 GHz
2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
4GB 1600MHz memory (upgrade 8GB = $90)
500GB 5400-rpm hard drive1 (upgrade 128GB flash storage1 = $180)
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Built-in battery (7 hours)2

vs.

Macbook Air 2012 ($1,149)
13-inch : 128GB
1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz
4GB memory
128GB flash storage1
Intel HD Graphics 4000

Help, please?

THE AIR HAS A NICE SCREEN AND IT COMES WITH FLASH STORAGE http://lifehacker.com/5793366/is-ssd-worth-it-performance-tests-with-macbook-pro
AND h
http://www.pcworld.com/article/225474/how_ssd_affects_13in_23ghz_core_i5_macbook_pro_performance.html)



Answer
If you want more processing power, go with the Macbook Pro. If you want lighter weight, go with the Macbook Air. I am looking at making a similar decision. I am probably going to so with the Macbook Pro and I'll probably upgrade to an SSD later on when the prices drop. The Macbook Air is not upgradeable. I usually use my laptop at my desk at home and occasionally take it places. If I were carrying it a lot, I would probably so with the lighter Macbook Air.

Solidworks 2012 download?




thierry he


i'm a student in Ireland studying DCG. As part of my course I have to use Solidworks for a CAD project. My teacher says that there is some way he can licence the whole class to download it, But only the 2013 version. Is this true? My laptop runs Windows XP and therefore cannot run this version. Is there some way to download the 2012 version that I can run?
If not, where can I get a cracked CD copy of windows 7?
it's a Dell Latitude D430. originally ran vista, but it was downgraded to XP before i owned it.
details of my computer are here:
http://www.dell.com/us/dfb/p/latitude-d430/pd



Answer
If your laptop runs XP then you have other problems... I doubt you even have the memory to run solidworks effectively.

If you have a chance to, get a legitimate license and get a new laptop with an SSD and 6GB plus memory.

If you try to run solidworks on your laptop right now it will make you want to shoot yourself in the face ... no joke.

Your laptop must be over 8 years old at this point.

edit: we aren't supposed to talk about bittorrent on yahoo answers...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Laptop Decision: Macbook 13" Pro 2012 or Macbook 13" Air 2012?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment