Tuesday, June 10, 2014

what is the typical size laptops that college students bring to class?

Q. i'm starting college august 2011 and i am preparing for it now. i was curious as to what size laptops most college students take to class? i heard its 15" standard,no matter the brand. i am thinking of getting a 12" lenovo thinkpad because my preference is smaller laptops. is that embarrassing? i mean, i dont want to walk into class and everyone has these ginormous laptops and i have a smaller one. thanks in advance.


Answer
Actually, many professors have banned laptops in classes. People who bring them aren't taking notes, they're distracting themselves and others. Get a laptop you'll use in your room, and don't worry about bringing it to class unless you're specifically told to. Just get a pad of paper and a pen to take notes. The only person I ever saw using the laptop to take notes had a netbook, so it was small.

What is the best laptop to buy for a student attending college in the fall of 2011?




Dillon Ben


My parents are letting me get a laptop before college. I can spend up to $1000. Maybe a few more hundred. What would be the best bang for my buck?
I was looking at the Macbook Pro but I would only be able to afford the 13". I dont know if this is too small or not.



Answer
Haters gonna hate but i would honestly recommend a macbook pro, this laptop is reliable, wont ever die, has specs that will cover your needs, and if you have a problem, Apple has the best customer support in the business. It is well worth the money. If the MacBook pro is too pricey, a standard MacBook will do just fine.

edit: I have the base 13" model and I think it is the perfect size. It is light and portable and the battery will last me around 7 hours.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what is the typical size laptops that college students bring to class?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment