Friday, June 6, 2014

What is a good computer for an engineering student?




Melissa


I am going to be studying aerospace engineering and I am looking for a good laptop to bring with me to college.


Answer
Any computer is good for engineering as long as it has a Windows operating system on it. I would steer clear of Macs because many important engineering computer programs can only run on windows. I've found that Dells and HPs are good computers that are not too expensive ($600-$800). One thing to look at is getting a good video card because some simulation programs have larger requirments.

Laptop or Desktop?




Guile M.


So I think that I'm in the market for a new computer and I don't know if I should get a laptop or desktop.

I'm an aerospace engineering student at a large university and I will require enough processing power to run 3D modeling software and various simulation software. I currently have a laptop and have had some trouble with that. I don't move my computer too much but I do take it places such as class or lab.

I'll want something that isn't outdated in a year or two as well. Finally, I don't want to spend an arm and leg on the thing.

I'm not the most tech savvy guy so I'll trust the community. Which should I get?



Answer
Since you already have an laptop i suggest that you just go with a high powered desktop to use while your at home and since you have a laptop you could take that to other places and just put it on you desktop later. Also if you want there are some online places where you could connect to your desktop at home that that could be useful too.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good computer for an engineering student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment