Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Which Laptop for College?




P


Ok so im going of to study business for the next four years. The conditions are it NEEDS Office pre-installed and i can't be over $1,500 (with tax). Also NO Gaming laptops! Looking for high battery life and decent performance.

So far I took a look at the:

1. MAcbook Pro 13"
2. Dell Adamo

^ Which one would you pick, and if not which one would you recommend?

Please if you have any suggestions post a link with the laptop you would recommend me.



Answer
If you can afford it - go with the Mac, I think you'd be happier. Mac's are stable and reliable as long as you behave!

As for "Mac's don't get viruses so you don't need any antivirus programs," TOTALLY unfounded! Mac users love to believe that, but they couldn't be more wrong. Proof? Sure...

Apple likes to say "There are no known viruses in the wild that exploit a vulnerability in the Mac OS." I'm not sure what they're smoking, but I'd like some of it. Read it here (Apple says there isn't any know viruses):
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10111958-83.html

Hold the phone! This just in (April 26th, 2010)...
http://www.theticker.org/about/2.8220/new-malware-gives-mac-computers-hell-1.2241852

May 10th, 2010 - the Homeland Security warns of a Mac issue:
http://www.dailytech.com/Homeland+Security+Warns+About+Latest+Dangerous+Apple+Browser+Bug/article18341.htm

After TWO YEARS, Apple has yet to fix this hole in Safari:
http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/2010/05/2_years_later_safari_still_vul.php

June 1st: Mac Spyware. Oops:
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/197696/security_firm_discovers_spyware_in_mac_software.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a38:g26:r3:c0.002448:b34560302:z0

April 16th, experts agree - Mac's are MORE vulnerable than PC's:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2010/04/mac-windows-security.html

Don't believe it? May I introduce Charlie Miller, a former NSA employee who cracked a Mac Air in less than... drum roll please... two minutes! Mr. Miller also introduced 20 (twenty) more Mac vulnerabilities to the crowd:
http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2010/0412/technology-apple-hackers-charlie-miller.html

So, I guess that "Mac's don't get viruses" thing is true, if you have your head in the sand.

Still, I like Mac's better than PC's. Just don't listen to all those who don't know better. Protect your Mac!

Now, go get that Apple!

Best Laptop for College?




Isitsummer


I'm going to college this fall and I need to buy a laptop.
I'm pretty clueless on what brand I want or what will suit my needs best..?
I need something that will work good for things like papers, projects, slideshows etc.
Oh! and I know ill need something with lots of memory because I like to save everything.
Any suggestions would be amazing.
Thanks!



Answer
I started college back in august of 2010 and I got myself a Toshiba Satelitte L675D with 286gb hard drive with windows 7 home premium 17 inch screen. It has worked great since and I bought it on sale at office depot and at the time it was only 499 and if I bought the Microsoft home and student with it it only cost 70 for that program. If you are going to college I highly reccomend the home and student. It had word, powepoint etc, and you can make slide shows and every one of my teachers used it. So I found it very useful.

What was great about Toshiba which I didn't even know when I bought it, is that it was under warranty for a year make sure you register it. So I ended up just recently having a hardware issue and they sent me a laptop box to send it to them for free, free shipping there and back and fixed it for me! It took not even a week to send it in and get it back. I was impressed and it's back to normal! I have a LOT of pictures and music on this computer along with all my college stuff so for me it's plenty of room. I have over 4,000 music files alone.

I'm happy with it as a personal computer and a school computer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which Laptop for College?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment