Sunday, June 22, 2014

What's a good laptop for college?




Chompiee


I'm currently a senior in high school and my grandma offered to buy me a laptop. She bought my sister a Mac idk what kind but it was around $1000 and she said she would spend the same on me. But seeing how she is old fashioned she dosnt trust the Internet and isn't going to buy one online. I'm going to college for engineering and I'm not sure what programs I will need so I want to stay away from macs because it's more effort to convert things and buy adapters and such. At a local office max I saw a vaio c series with an i5 prosser, 650gb HDD, 4gb ram it comes with Microsoft office (I forgot any other stats). And instead of buying a New laptop I will probably just incrementally buy hard ware an upgrade it. Its $880 and I just want to know if it's worth it or if I should look at a different computer. Ps I'm not a computer gamer.


Answer
Try Search Yahoo! Answers.

What's a good laptop for college?
...grandma offered to buy me a laptop. She bought my sister a Mac idk what...buy one online. I'm going to college for engineering and I'm not sure...
Stars In Laptops & Notebooks - Asked by Chompiee - 1 answer - 1 minute ago

Which laptop is better for college?
I am getting a laptop for college, and I would like to know which is better. WHY for whichever one? Samsung Series...
Stars In Laptops & Notebooks - Asked by Richard - 1 answer - 2 hours ago

HP Envy 14: Good all around laptop?
...college student, I am in need of a reliable laptop to help complete assignments and... this: Is the HP Envy 14 a good computer to use for a college student? If it isn't, what is...
Stars In Laptops & Notebooks - Asked by Toby - 2 answers - 6 hours ago

What is a good laptop for college work and gaming?
... up with PCs. I want a laptop that is light, long-lasting battery, good for gaming,and has a lot of...
Stars In Laptops & Notebooks - Asked by Hailey - 3 answers - 21 hours ago

What are some good laptops for engineering college students?




Brandon


Here are my requirements:
-Windows 7
-A intel core i5 or i7 processor
-At least 6GB ram
-At least 500GB hard drive
-Wireless Networking

I am looking for something that would work for my next 4 years in college. If you don't really know about engineering school, there are some programs that take a lot of ram and need a decent graphics card, so it can't be a piece of shit. If it meets the requirements it should work good though. I am looking for something in the $500 - $1,000 range, but definitely under $1,500. I can get some pretty good discounts on Dell, HP, and Lenovo computers through my school so those are the preferred brands. I also would prefer a full keyboard and something that has at least a 15 inch screen. Thanks for all your suggestions.



Answer
Hey, that is a great question, thanks for coming to answers, I hope this information helps.
http://www.onedollarcomputersolutions.com/laptop.php

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-3121_7-5758â¦

Most reliable laptop brands: the results

Apple tops the list, as might be expected from such a premium PC builder. Apple products are far from cheap, but they do offer a quality experience. Runner up Dell has a very different business model. It, like other high-ranking brands HP and Asus, operates as a volume laptop maker, selling many thousands of laptops every week. We would expect to see them, and Lenovo, high up in our list because they sell so many PCs: but their higher ranking suggests a lot of satisfied customers.

Apple: 19%
Dell: 12%
Asus: 11%
HP: 11%
Acer: 9%
Lenovo: 9%
Toshiba: 9%
Samsung: 7%
Sony: 6%
Alienware: 3%
Fujitsu: 1%
MSI: 1%
Panasonic: 1%
I do not agree with this. But this was the results of a large survey...

That is a great question, hope I was able to help. Good Luck...

People First! Thatâs my motto at Yahoo Answers. I am dedicated to providing you with an excellent experience. I am here to answer your questions and resolve any problems you may have. We promise to persevere in finding a successful resolution. You are my focus. Resolving whatever issues that brought you to Yahoo Answers is our mission.
Hey, If the above information helped or you appreciate the effort, volt best answer...

Source(s): CompTIA A+ Certified Computer Professional




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's a good laptop for college?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment