Saturday, June 14, 2014

College Laptop recommendations?




starbucks_


I'm going to be a freshman at Kansas Newman University new semester and I was wondering what kind of laptop would be recommended. I will be a biology major (for pre-med) and either an art minor or chem minor. I need something to hold all my music as well as pictures and other programs.


Answer
Most students have either HP Pavilion laptops or the Dell Inspiron 1525. Those two are very affordable and offer good enough performance for school use, but just not for gaming.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/inspnnb?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&~ck=bt
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/series_can.do?storeName=computer_store&landing=notebooks&a1=Category&v1=Versatile%20performance

Looking for a PC laptop for college?




NarlyLuke


Thanks everyone for taking interest.

I know there have been many post about this, but just looking to narrow my search down for myself. I'm a freshman pre-med student, and looking to get a new laptop to run basic things such as office, and other applications for school. I don't game so not looking for a super powered graphics card, but definitely like a nice display. If anything not too much memory for a hard drive, 350 GB would fine, and about a standard 4GB RAM to run multiple pages of word and other office applications and have the internet open at the same time.

Really just asking for a model and brand with a great price tag that narrows down to what I'm looking for.
Thanks!



Answer
The laptop that you are describing fits well, almost any laptop on the market today. What I recommend is a laptop with an intel processor (best with at least i3), 4 gb of ram, and 500 gb of hard drive - pretty much what you described. One type of laptop that I would recommend is the Acer V5 series. Nice screen you said, well, all of these screens are touch screen! The best part is, they aren't even that expensive! You can get some of them for under $500!

Here's a link:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model-features/NX.M17AA.002

The only thing with that computer is that it has a pentium processor, which is not that good. Here's a better one...

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.M2DAA.006

That one is probably one of the best laptops you can find for under $500. It features a touchscreen, 6gb of ram, 500gb hard drive, and i3 processor, and windows 8.

The best part is, it also is very portable, both laptops are under six pounds!

Good Luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: College Laptop recommendations?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment