Tuesday, June 24, 2014

What is the best laptop for college? and what programs are needed for college use?




i love bba





Answer
An HP laptop is the best one. Or any laptop that have all the software needed to help you in college.

I have the HP 530 it is very nice. I did all my word documents, spreadsheets and powerpoint presentation on this laptop.

Good luck purchasing yours =}

Netbook laptop desktop college?




omgitsang


So I'm looking into which kind of computer i want to get for college and I'm running into some confusion. Idk if i should just get a laptop (mac only, but not a pro so it would be tiny :[) or if I should get an iMac (24 inch screen :]] ) and a small dell netbook for portability and notes. I feel that the iMac would have more power and possibility for upgrades then a laptop, but would a netbook for class be enough??

I'm not sure if a laptop in class is needed for like online demonstrations or downloading programs that the class does together or using some CD programs.I know that you can by the external Optical Drive for the Netbook I just don't know if it would have enough space/power.

What do you think?



Answer
In my opinion, Macs are WAY overpriced for what you get. Especially since they aren't customizable or really all that upgradable. You pay out big $$$ for looks but miss out on a lot of technology (in the laptops, at least). Depending on your degree there are some programs that just don't have Mac versions, which will be a huge hassle. And I always hate feeling like the Mac programmers dumbed down things for me. It's my computer and I want to manage it how I see fit.

I have 2 laptops (custom builds, XP Pro based), 2 desktops (one linux and one XP Pro) and a netbook (also XP Pro), and honestly for most things I prefer my Samsung NC10 netbook. It's small, fast, light and the battery lasts forever. I have a Lenovo R61 which I travel with for work, but for most things (email, word processing, and even working in Excel) I prefer my netbook. It has some drawbacks, but it is soooo worth not having to drag around a larger laptop. I thought I would miss out on having more power, but honestly for 99% of the things I do on my computer it doesn't matter. And it's small and cute and fits in my purse, which I love.

If it were me I'd get a netbook AND a desktop. That way you can have portability and functionality of a small computer but also have the storage and power to play games, edit movies and pictures, and have a workhorse machine if you need it.

Also, don't buy a Dell. Their customer support sucks and their tech support people are in India. Get a Lenovo or and IBM (they're the same company). They aren't blue or green with cool looking junk on the cover. But they are great computers. Well built and top of the line without being pricey. And their tech support people are in Atlanta and speak English. That doesn't sound too important until you dump a cup of coffee on your keyboard with a paper due the next day...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best laptop for college? and what programs are needed for college use?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment