Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Best Laptop For College Student?




Qwerty


Hey I am trying to decide what laptop to get for college this year. I am looking for something relatively small and light but something that is fast and reliable. Right now I have two that I am looking into alot. One being the HP tx25000z tablet notebook ( the one where you can actually wrote on the screen) and the Thinkpad T61 by Lenovo. I am looking for something under the price range of $1000 or a little over. Any suggestions or opinions on which is better for a college student.
Also, anyone who has had or used one of those tablet notebooks, what are your thoughts about them and how useful were they?

Thank You



Answer
First thing i have to say is...do not go Apple, never go Apple, they are too expensive, and nothing is compatible with it, HP is probably the best, with the widest range of selections, i own the dv9000 and i love it, i would suggest a smaller screen size though, 17 is a bit big. dell is too expensive and every thing else is crap.

laptop for a college student?




Ang


Ok so right now i have the HP dv2500 and it sucks! it doesn't hold a charge it is slow and it takes forever to do my homework. So i need a laptop with lots of memory, is fast, and has a good battery life. I also like to play some games when im bored so a laptop that can play games without slowing down would be great. I spent a lot of money on my laptop and it is bogus. So if there is one with a reasonable price that would be great. Please help!!!

Also what is the difference between a netbook and a laptop and which one is better?
i play farmville like a lot lol. and whats with the same answer from different ppl?



Answer
Netbooks are smaller. (I think they are labeled different around when the screen reaches 13 inches.)

Netbooks (small) often have smaller keyboards. They rarely have a place to inserts CDs or DVDs. They generally have smaller hard drives, although the newer ones do have a decent size drive. You can still find netbooks with Windows XP operating system, which will be easier on the limited resources. And netbooks can't have as much ram. ... That said, if you like the size - a good netbook running Windows XP should be a pretty decent machine.

Notebooks (larger laptops) can have bigger screens and can have more RAM, better processors, bigger hard drives, better graphics cards, more resource-intensive operating systems, etc...

Which is better for you as a college student depends on 2 things ...

Which size do you prefer? If my job didn't require a lot of screen space, I would go with a smaller netbook since I travel so much and that extra 3-5 pounds does add up by the end of the day.

And what kind of games are you playing? If they are very resource intensive, you would be better off with a laptop that has more processing power, a better graphics card, and more RAM. If you are just playing something like solitare between classes or simple flash games like the ones at http://texascarnivals.com/games/ , it doesn't matter much what you get.

I can't really recommend one without knowing how intense the games you want to play are. For my purposes - Dell Inspirons have served me well since 2005 (when I started college). Unfortunately, they tend to break on me after 2 years. (Still useable.) I just got a Studio 15 from Dell, but I hear they tend to overheat. HP desktops have made a nice impression on me, but I have never been happy with their laptops.

... The guy above me is correct. Alienware is good for gamers. If you decide to go with Dell, I highly suggest a warranty. ...

Alienware is for gamers. Expect to pay around $2,000 for a good setup.

Studio XPS is a step down from Alienware and Studio is a small step down from Studio XPS ((regular XPS appears to be a thing of the past)). Expect to spend $13,000 - $16,000.

Inspirons are a step down from Studio. Expect to pay $1,000.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best Laptop For College Student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment