Monday, June 23, 2014

10 pts for Best Answer, New to College, What to Expect?




MommyToBe


So Im an Incoming College Freshman to a Community College(Did I mention im 4 moths prego) So I hope to get support because I know it will be tough but I know It'll be best for mine and my baby's future.
Anyways, I plan on Transferring to a 4-yr University to obtain a degree in Nursing and go further into the medical field. My question is im taking 17units this Semester before I have my baby(due Feb 12,2011) I'll be attending College with a Belly, What should I expect the first day? Also, Im not a very organized writer but I LOVE taking notes, since I tend to forget everything. Should I take a small laptop to class to type out my notes? Is that allowed? I think its a little more organized, also will it look dumb if I took a small laptop to class? Sorry for writing so much, Im telling you I Love typing :) Please Nice comments. Thanks.



Answer
Being a to-be-mom-going-to-college would be pretty different. College is exhausting and carrying a baby in school would be more effort for you, not only because you are pregnant, but for the fact that you are new to that school. In going to a University, you must expect that students at a University must have the highest degree of independence. It should be easy for you because I think carrying a baby would be a big sign of independence (your baby depends on you :D).

Carrying a laptop to class would be nice, if allowed by your Professor, and you shouldn't look dumb with that thing. A Nursing student must be costly, for you should buy 4 inch-4 pound books, uniforms, apparatus, etc. that is conducive to learning your course (with the addition you would continue to medicine).

You should also pick your peers wisely for it should have a great effect on you and your future.

Lastly, just be yourself. As always, study hard and be thankful of the things that is happening and to happen to you.

God Bless and Congratulations for you!

Can someone help me understand how I am going to pay for college?




Jason


I live in Ontario Canada and as most Canadian know, we are one of the highest countries in the world that puts money towards education (besides France of course!) and I know that I can also get my education paid for (grants, loans, scholarships etc.) but I don't want to have to owe OSAP (Ontario Student Assistant Program) money for the first 10 years of my life. How can I pay for college without getting loans?!
I will be going to college in September of 2011 so that give me 10-12 months to save!
I have searched and searched for scholarships, but the whole things is so confusing!
Also, while on my search for scholarships, I came across a forum saying that students have been writing to locally owned businesses and large corporations asking for money! Has anyone every tried doing this for real? Did it work for them? I know that this is Canada and I'm sure businesses/ people would LOVE to help each other out, but I'm still worried about asking. THANKS FOR READING!



Answer
ME TOO, yay we're seniors now! I live in NS, but i want to go to the university of windsor for nursing. Get a parttime job (like i did, i will have saved up 7000 on my own) my grandma is going to give me 1000 for graduating, and i plan to get 2000 of scholarship from my school, the government gives out grants of about 120 a month, google it, and my parents are giving me a laptop, no money, i am going to get loans from my bank (scotia bank) if i can, but if not, you and i both are going to have to get OSAP :(
:D SENIOIORS WOOOOOOOT




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 10 pts for Best Answer, New to College, What to Expect?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment