Friday, November 29, 2013

What type of computer should I have for college if I'm studying electrical engineering?

best laptop for college electrical engineering
 on Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering | Tufts University
best laptop for college electrical engineering image



Dylan


I am heading to college and am going to be studying electrical engineering. The computer I currently have is outdated so I need a new one for college. What type of computer is best to handle the coursework for electrical engineering?


Answer
I suggest getting a decent laptop (at least dual core with 4Gb ram and 256Mb+ onboard video), make sure it's not too flashy looking since you are going to college and theft can be a problem in some. I also suggest getting an external hdd for at home so you can backup your work nightly in case something were to happen like damage or theft, that way you don't fall behind if something were to happen.

Make sure the onboard video is at least 256Mb because you will likely have to use some sort of CAD like program to make schematics as a project. Windows 7 with 4Gb ram or Vista with 6 to 8 Gb ram should be sufficient to run anything they have as part of the course. Maybe check with the college when you start to see if they have laptops that you can buy with sufficient working capabilities for your course, in some cases they may have discount prices for students. You usualy have the first week of class to get all the gear and supplies requiered, so shop around and compare prices....

Which laptop is good for college students?




The Alpha


I am a college student moving into my sophomore year. I major in electrical engineering, so I will need a laptop that can be powerful for the engineering computer programs that I will use. I want to know what computer brand is good? Gateway? Dell? Toshiba? Sony? My budget is under $700, but I want a laptop that will not let me down. Any explanations will be much appreciated.


Answer
According to your own needs to choose and which is your the most application




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What type of computer should I have for college if I'm studying electrical engineering?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment