Wednesday, November 27, 2013

what features on a laptop are important to run graphic design programs?

best laptops for college budget
 on Choosing A Laptop - Compare Different Laptop Computers
best laptops for college budget image



christinaC


i need a laptop for college, and although i'm not going to be an art major, i'm planning on using adobe photoshop, illustrator, and other art programs on my laptop. I would get a mac, but my dad already got me the cs5 program for windows. I was thinking a sony is good?

but what do i need in a laptop? CPU? RAM? I'm not familiar with any of these terms..:/

my budget is 1000-1300.
thanks for your help!



Answer
For CS5, the best thing technically is just to check out the system requirements for each/all the products you would like to run, and then get a laptop that matches at least the minimum of those, for either Windows or Mac. Two of the most important things are graphics card and memory.

What kind of laptop should I get for college?




christine


What are some things i would want in a laptop for college? And what kinds of laptops are best (Macs or PCs) for what i need? I am considering graphic design and fashion design as majors, but I will also be taking liberal arts classes. I also want to use the laptop for things like internet, typing, music, pictures, and the usual. Any advice/suggestions?


Answer
If you are going into graphic/fashion design, you will need / want a laptop with upgraded graphics and processing power. You will likely also want a monitor with high resolution. I'd look for a laptop with:

a discrete graphics card (not Intel HD built-in graphics);
an Intel i5 or i7, or AMD A8 processor (quad core is better!); and
At least 4GB of DDR3 RAM;
laptop screen resolution higher than the standard 1366x768, like 1600x900.

Many laptops fit these criteria; your budget and taste will determine which is right for you!
A few examples (links below): Dell XPS , Asus G73 series, Lenovo ThinkPad T520 or Ideapad Y series.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what features on a laptop are important to run graphic design programs?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment