Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What is a good laptop for a graphic design student who cannot afford a Macbook?

best laptop for design student
 on Portfolio of a Technical Teacher
best laptop for design student image



darthpanda


Hi. I am looking for a laptop with 3-4G ram that is under 1,000.00. I am a graphic design student, and I need something that can get me through until I can afford to purchase a Macbook (which start at 1,200.00) and the more expensive software that goes with it. What specs should I be looking for, and what PC brands are the best? Thanks.


Answer
I am a freelance web and graphic designer and use a compaq. I know it's not the best laptop computer that graphic designers should use, but it has worked very well for me. I have the whole creative suite 3 installed, as well as macromedia programs, and more, with still plenty of memory.

You can always invest 100 dollars in a portable hard drive for the extra memory if you need it.

What is a good laptop for a design oriented student?

Q. With my classes in college, I need a portable laptop that is easy to use and can support high quality graphics.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what laptops are good for design students?


Answer
I say Macs but its all opinionated. Macs generally have a higher resolution which is excellent for viewing pictures or editing video or really any kind of graphic design. They also have more gamma meaning that the screen has a higher range of colors so that you can view anything in more detail. Macs are both light and can support editing applications of the highest degree. I use mine for video editing. i use adobe premier and final cut studio. i also use adobe after effects. which as i have noticed don't crash near as often like they do on my hp and dell.

I have the MacBook Pro 15inch and i could not be happier with it!

I use very graphic intensive applications and many at once and that was mainly why i bought m mac because when i would be in class with my hp the programs would crash and i have to start up task manager...etc. But with my mac i don't have that problem i keep up better and its interface is all around easier to use in conjunction with just being an all around portable computer.

i defiantly recommend a mac especially since you can get a student discount.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good laptop for a graphic design student who cannot afford a Macbook?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment