Thursday, November 28, 2013

what is the best service to backup your files (at least one TB worth) online?

best laptop for photography student
 on Serious student studying in computer lab from Juice Images, Royalty ...
best laptop for photography student image



Michael C


I'm a photography student trying to backup my files. I would like a reasonably priced service that would allow me to download this backup from any computer, and erase or delete my files as necessary.


Answer
http://putplace.com/
PutPlace gathers all your valuable digital stuff - photos, documents, email, music, videos - from all your PCs and laptops. It backs up everything, securely stores it, and organizes it all so you can find or share your files from anywhere.

http://www.adrive.com/
ADrive is free online data storage community, offering the largest amount of free storage on the Internet. ADrive provide their users with secure solutions for storing, backing up, and accessing files from virtually anywhere, at any time. ADrive serves as an online, centralized vault for all file types including: music, videos, photos, documents, and more.(50GB storage for free)

http://divshare.com/
divShare to provide a simple and reliable way to show off photos, documents, music, and all your other creations

What would the best laptop choice be for a photography student at the Art Institute of Philadelphia?




franchkins


I'm starting classes at the Art Instutute of Philadelphia in less than week and I have yet to buy a laptop. Not too smart, I know. But I was just wondering if anybody had gone there or to any of the Art Institutes for photography. I'm not sure if I should get a mac or if I would be ok with a pc, probably dell. I totally appreciate any input!


Answer
Well, the Art Institutes use Mac - All of them. Me, I prefer PC but as a Linux user, both suck in different ways. Contrary to popular belief among "artists", Mac isn't all it's cracked up to be, and there is nothing about Mac that makes it more suited to art or artists.

http://www.mac-sucks.com/switch_why.php

To answer your question, get a laptop that has the features suited to 2D and 3D graphics. I use a Lenovo ideapad y510 w/ 4GB of RAM, an intel core2 duo processor with the nvidia GeForce 8600M graphics card (way better than the intel graphics card), running vista home premium. It's not top shelf, but it works well and cost me just under $1,000. It has enough memory allocation to allow me to manipulate several images at the same time in photoshop CS3 - which is about all I care about.

Since AI uses Mac, most of their instruction will apply to Mac, especially for keyboard shortcuts. The issues with differences wouldn't bother me as I have grown accustomed to how to get around photoshop using PC and corresponding functionality through Mac. I'm just not going to go out of my way to switch to Mac because the school I go to uses it when I know how to work with my PC just fine. I don't think it'd be that big a deal though, to be honest. Instructors often give instruction mentioning both PC and Mac functions. The most important part is, get a laptop which works best for you.

AGAIN, there is NOTHING that makes Mac more suited to artists or photographers. Seriously. Don't fall for that nonsense. Cameras and computers are tools. If you can't get around a computer unless it's a Mac, I doubt you're a very good photographer or artist. Sorry, I felt the need to add this because of all the, "yeah definitely Mac because it's for artists" answers. Jesus.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what is the best service to backup your files (at least one TB worth) online?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment