Saturday, November 9, 2013

Inexpensive but good laptop for school?

best laptop for college music major
 on ... In C Major Digital Sheet Music by Amy Marcy Beach | Sheet Music Plus
best laptop for college music major image



bassoonmag


I am a music major looking for an inexpensive but good laptop to use for college. I need something with wifi, office 7, something compatable with finale and somewhat lightweight. I dont know a whole lot about laptops so any suggestions would be great!


Answer
Emachines E 625 is good. Never pay more than $350 for a computer on sale or $450 for one not on sale.

You can get Open Office from google for free and it is FAR better than MicroShit Deluxe.

Windows 7 Home Premium is good to have, I had Basic and it works just fine. Most of the software you will ever need is available from Source Forge.net for free and you dont need to go out and buy stuff that costs too much anyway. This is all Open Source Software, NOT that illegal horseshiiit from Homeless Bay - In Decay.

1 GB DDR2 is plenty. & a 250 GB HDD is fine. No need to pay a shiiit load of money for it, you are gonna dump it in 2 years anyway.

Questions ?:

Steve Williams
518 894 0445
No charge for my help.

What is the best laptop for an Architecture student in college?




Trev


Im going to college next year and I need a laptop that is good enough for:
Architecture major
Great for music - I keep iTunes open 24/7
Great Processor - I dont want my laptop freezing
Great battery life
And not too expensive. I know I'm asking for much for less money but maybe around $1,500 MAX. Thank you for any suggestions.



Answer
Don't get a Mac at $1500 you can get a smoking P.C.
It will put the mac to shame!!

Make sure you have plenty of Ram (that's memory) at least 4 gig but more is better.
Windows 7 instead of Vista or Mac
an i7 or at least i5 make it fast. Large hard drive at least a 500 gigabyte.
The most common drafting software is CAD (Computer Aided Design)
It works better on a PC than a MAC

If you keep update on antiviral software, don't download so-called free stuff. Have a firewall and don't click on unknown emails you will be fine.

Ok so I have HP, not this one I usually don't spend that much on my computers but I got spare parts.
The new HP envy sounds sweet!!

Ok finally, keep an eye on your computer in the dorm or other living situation. Having a laptop is a good idea because people steal.

Do you want a tablet or small laptop. As a student I have both a large laptop for my bedroom and a small one I take to class. Both cost less than $1,500

So Mac's don't come install with photoshop or even word. A P.C will!

You can get word at a discount if you are a student with a valid email that ends in .edu
.edu stands for education.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Inexpensive but good laptop for school?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment