Saturday, November 9, 2013

Best laptop for a student majoring in Chemistry or some other science during college?

best laptop for chemistry student
 on Chemistry Students Will Get It - Meme Center
best laptop for chemistry student image



100%


I am planning to major in some sort of science discipline, so I wanted to know what kind of laptop would be best for me. I'm pretty sure I don't need a laptop with a bunch of features or A LOT of memory. I just want one that has a sufficient amount of memory/storage, and one that I can easily browse on the internet with and use Microsoft Office on. Plus, I want it to be durable for the next 4-6 years. Any suggestions and tips would be helpful. I'm hoping to keep the price no higher than the $600 range. So, what are some good brands? What should I know about buying a laptop? And how do I make sure the internet is installed or not? I'm sorry if my questions sound stupid; I'm not a technology savvy person. Thank you!


Answer
I'm majoring in Chemical Engineering with an emphasis on inorganic chemistry and the laptop i use is an Acer. I also have plenty of friends who use dell latitude, samsung, and ASUS

Hope i helped

What are advantages to buying an iPad tablet over a laptop computer?




wildmick21


My kids want iPads, but I don't see any advantage to have them over a laptop computer. They seem limited on what they can do compared to a laptop. Anyone was technical experience explain the advantages, if any, of an iPad over a standard computer?


Answer
I am a high school student and I have used my iPad to do all my school work. Many people do not know this but you can get many computer programs on an iPad. Her is list of apps that can turn an iPad into a Mac like tablet. I have most off these apps except a few I haven't got but will get. For both lists of apps I would suggest you look them up.

Bento (Mac program)
Dragon Dictation (Mac program)
Evernote (Mac program)
GarageBand (Mac Prpgram)
GoodReader (Mac program)
FaceTime (Mac Program)
iMovie (Mac program)
Instapaper (Mac program)
Keynote (Mac version of PowerPoint if you are not familiar with Apple)
Numbers (Mac version of Excel)
Omnifocus (Mac program)
Omnigraffle (Mac program)
Omnigraphsketcher (Mac program)
Omnioutliner (Mac Program)
Pages (Mac version of word) Great app if you plan to write a lot get a bluetooth wireless keyboard.
Papers (Mac program)
QuickoOfice (Mac program)
Sketchbook Pro (Windows program)
SpaceTime (Mac program)
Things (Mac program)

Now lets talk about some amazing apps that lets you do stuff on an iPad where on a laptop you can not do or can not do as good as an iPad can. Also some amazing apps. Some of th are good education apps too.

All of wikipedia (get wikipedia while you have no Internet connection)
Dropmind (powerful mind mapping app
IBooks Or kindle (it's way better to read books on an iPad than a laptop)'
Mathination (Make math calculations easy)
Netflix (iPad way better to watch movies in than a portable DVD player or laptop)
Pcalc (Amazing calculator)
Scrabble (you can't play games like this on an laptop)
Skyfire (App that let's you play flash videos)
Solar system ( see the solar system like you have never seen it before)
Elements (Can not wait to use this app in chemistry)
Wolfram Alpha (yes there is a website for this but you need to check this must have app out it gives you calculations, graphs, and reference anything you could imagine for example I could find the exact force of gravity right where I stand and I could also find the average 17 year old boy weight )




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best laptop for a student majoring in Chemistry or some other science during college?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment