Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What is a good cheap laptop to get my mom?

best laptop deal for college student
 on ... how to purchase a cheap laptop for college now we have some additional
best laptop deal for college student image



Aedai


Okay, here's the deal. Christmas is coming and my mom wants a laptop.
Problem is, being a college student, I have a budget.

She uses it mostly for games (Sims 2 & 3 and also Zoo Tycoon 2... and maybe whatever else she thinks she needs on there). And those take up a lot of memory. Otherwise, she uses the computer for the internet surfing.

So if I'm to buy a computer for her, how much memory and hard drive do you think I need? And will it be expensive?



Answer
You might want to go with this one here while the offer still lasts. I wouldn't say that it is a high-end laptop, actually far from high end. It all depends on what you will need it for. If I had the money, this is what I would of bought. It is not that bad for $399. However, the offer will expire soon..

Intel Pentium Dual-Core T2310 1.46 GHz
1GB DDR2 Memory
120GB Serial ATA Hard Drive
Double Layer DVD+/-RW Drive w/ LightScribe
802.11 B/G Wireless
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
15.4" WXGA LCD with Ultrabright technology (1280 x 800)
Windows Vista Home Premium

How is the Macbook Air not geared towards the college student?




aaron B


I'm reading all these reviews and they all say the Air is are not geared to the college student. I understand that it has only 1 usb port and I'm perfectly fine with that. As for the lack of cd drive, I do not have a problem with that either. Next year I will be a freshman at Saint Mary's. I'm looking for a more portable laptop because i will be traveling a little more. So what important components is the MBA missing that is vital for the college student


Answer
The Air is for the all wireless environment. It has minimal storage, being designed for carrying files, presentations, etc. Definitely not a game machine, or able to deal with large applications like Adobe CS3.

It's mainly a wireless interface, designed for the power business traveler.

If you can make it work for you, by all means, buy one.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good cheap laptop to get my mom?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment