Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Will a tablet meet my needs as much as a laptop would?

best laptop for online student
 on Online TEFL Class | TEFL Online | Online TESOL Course | Best Online
best laptop for online student image



Mr.W


I currently have a laptop but don't feel as if I really need it anymore. Would a tablet be good for me?
Heres a little about my computing needs:
- I'll be an online student for one semester ( just a certification course ). I'm sure along with that I'll frequently have to download documents.
- I'm big on web surfing.
- I have little to no need for any programs like PowerPoint
- I've had my laptop for a year and have never used Excel
- I use Word once or twice a month
- I don't download music or any other big files
- I like google chrome
- I like taking pics. Not a pro though.
And thats about it. Would a tablet be good for me? If so, any suggestions? And any apps that I could use to replace Word? I'm not very technologically advanced so as much info as possible would be appreciated! Thanks!



Answer
Honestly a tablet is good to have but depending on the type of tablet you get and the size it may not be all that different from having to lug around your laptop. If you're looking for something that small though the problem of the small screen and having to use a smaller device to study on arises.

In all honesty I think you should stick with your laptop. I mean a tablet is nice to surf the web and all but if you need to get something done there's nothing like having a laptop around to ensure you can do the job in a timely fashion.

Also if a problem arises where you need a laptop it's better to have one on hand than to have to feel obligated to find a machine to work on that may or may not have limitations.

Regardless of your decision,

good luck.

What's a good laptop for an all online college student?




Heather S


I am looking to buy a new laptop, I am taking all online classes and I have some special software I have to install for some classes I will be taking and I am so confused on which type of processor woulf be best for me. All this intel i5 and amd a8..so on..which processor would be best for online students?


Answer
Hi Heather,

Based on the two processors mentioned, the Intel i5 would be better as you can be able to multitask and work with your custom software seamlessly - especially if you'll pair it up with a good graphics card and RAM. You will also be able to do more like play games and use it for entertainment.

Here are some of the recommendations we have for back to school laptops.
http://www.andelion.co/recommendation/summmary/51f810efe4b08b21b9e6b836
http://mashable.com/2013/07/29/back-to-school-laptops/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will a tablet meet my needs as much as a laptop would?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment