Thursday, May 8, 2014

Which laptop should I get for college?




Prominence


I'm going to be a pre-med student next year and was looking for other opinions. Which one:
1. HP Envy 15 (2012 version)
2. Dell XPS 15z
3. Samsung Series 7 chronos
4. Sony Vaio SE series



Answer
Ignore Apache's ridiculous answer. I am looking at the specifications of each laptop independently and will respond shortly with the most sensible choice, followed by a reasoned explanation.
"Go for Dell or Sony"... FFS...

EDIT:
Sorry, what you've provided in your question is not enough to tell which ones you are considering. There are at least 2 versions of the HP Envy 15, and 3 versions of the Dell XPS 15z.

However, I made comparisons of the lowest-spec versions of each of those to the other machines in your list.

I have seen the HP Envy 15 available for around the £650 mark, but from ambiguous sources. If you can pick one up for this price, rather than the £1000 I have seen elsewhere, then it is by far the best value. However, if this is not the case, then the lowest-spec Dell XPS 15z is the best choice.

As a medical student, I can't imagine how you will need much more power than what the lowest-speced machines will provide.

Both the Samsung Series 7 Chronos and the Sony Vaio SE series are very overpriced for the specs that they have. They are priced for branding and design, not practicality or power.

I'm a senior in high school. I'm going to be a college freshman in the fall of 2012, and I was wondering...?




Joss


What laptop would be best to buy for college? I need something simple to use and RELIABLE. Help???


Answer
I love my MacBook Pro. Never had an issue in the three years I've had mine. All of my friends with PCs have had numerous issues, eventually exceeding the cost of the laptop itself. My roommate had to replace the fan, hard drive, and charging port of his Dell.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which laptop should I get for college?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment