Saturday, May 24, 2014

Good laptops for video editing/media students?




~


Hi, so I'm a media student and we seem to be doing a lot of editing and since my laptop is breaking (it's 3 years old) it's time to get a new one but I want one that's going to good enough for me to be able to do my work. I don't really know much about computers so if you're going into detail please make it simple!
Right now I have a Sony Vaio not that it's important

So which laptops are good for what I need it for?



Answer
Hello.

According to your requirements, you'd need a laptop that could outrun the power intensive jobs.
Apple MacBook Pro MD101LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop is the answer that would bring you style and status in addition.
Here are the main specs

2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 processor
4 GB DDR3 RAM; 500 GB Hard Drive
13.3 inch LED-backlit display, 1280-by-800 resolution
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac OS X v10.7 Lion, 7 Hour Battery Life

Consider these reviews on video, this would help you analyze this option better.
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MD101LL-13-3-Inch-VERSION/dp/B0074703CM/ref=zg_bs_565108_3&tag=aajema-20

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1HSLOPERWGAVY/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B007470SMM&nodeID=&linkCode=&tag=aajema-20

For something really affordable and good,
Consider Toshiba Satellite S855D-S5253 15.6-Inch Laptop
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-S855D-S5253-15-6-Inch-Aluminum/dp/B0088L19VC/ref=zg_bs_565108_23&tag=aajema-20

Apple laptop for a *Media* student?

Q. Iâm starting Film production in college in September and I need a new laptop and I am going with apple.

What would you recommend for me?

Will use these daily ;
Photoshop
Imovie
Stop motion
Idvd
Indesign

I will also travel with the laptop.

I like the Macbook air because of the multi-touch trackpad. But I havenât heard great reviews about it. And I really have no clue what to go with:S

Also why would you recommend it?
NOTE! I have been using Apple for 2years now (I took Film for my GCSEs) so It wonât be the first time I use one =D
Sorry guys I meant a new notebook NOT laptop
NOTE! It has to be Apple =D


Answer
The selling point of the Macbook air is due to its extreme lightness and portability. It sounds like most of the work you will do on your computer will be editing and working with multimedia. Therefore, I would NOT go with the Macbook air.

You probably want to weigh your cost options between the Macbooks and the Macbook Pros. The Macbooks are cheaper, but the Macbook Pro offers more screen real estate, which may be useful to you. I would spend money on RAM (get at least 2GB and if you can afford 4GB -- you might consider). The size of your hard drive may matter, since the more stuff you put on it, the performance of your computer goes down, however, a better alternative might be an external hard drive.

One other thing on Macbook Pros is that you can hook them up to an external monitor. This might be nice if you want the portability of the laptop, with the bonus of when you are at home you can connect up to an even bigger screen.
(I don't think the Macbooks have a port for external monitor)

Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Good laptops for video editing/media students?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment