Saturday, May 24, 2014

Laptops in business school?




Sherman W


Wondering if business school students generally use laptops in class. If so, then I will purchase a small, light, and portable laptop. If business schools don't allow laptops, then i'll opt for more power and a bigger screen.

By the way, this is business school for an MBA, so it's grad school. Thank you!



Answer
I teach in an MBA program, and I would say that at this point, about 60-75% of my students bring laptops to class on a regular basis. Since I give essay exams, I let them write their exams on laptops too, and about 80% of them opt to use them for that purpose. I do have colleagues who prohibit the use of laptops in class because they find them distracting, but they are in the minority.

which laptop is better for mba student?




Veen


my frnd want to take laptop,,, which is better configuration and good usage in all with good backup,,tell me pls


Answer
You can't go wrong and I personally recommend Dell! There are hidden long-run costs that one does not initially see when you purchase a Notebook PC other than Dell, HP or IBM and later encounter difficulties or attempt buying replacement parts like a battery, or say a keyboard etc.

Also since you're buying for college then I do NOT recommend a Notebook PC bigger than 15.4" bec we have 3 DELLs incl a larger 17" Notebook PC and the larger ones are nice but much too heavy to lug around campus as well as too big for lecture hall desks in college...

I mentioned we own 3 Dell Notebook PCs and why I recommend DELL, HP or IBM for those living in the United States is that those 3 particular PC Notebook manufacturers literally supply all the business Notebook PCs to the major corporations and Government so replacement parts are readily available esp on EBAY at even a more reasonable price than the manufacturer website. Thus in the long run, being able to get the exact replacement part extends the life on your investment.

FYI my 1st Notebook PC was Gateway bec I couldn't afford Dell at the time and what a mistake is was when I needed to purchase a new Notebook battery <= costly bec not readily available like Dells... and FYI I also ran into a similar problem when attempting to upgrade the memory.

Note if you are looking for DELL bargains, then visit their DELL OUTLET site...

Hope the Above Info Helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Laptops in business school?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment