Sunday, May 18, 2014

Help finding a laptop for college? I'm a film production student.?




Rae


Okay, here are the things I would like for it to have.

- I'm a PC.
- A firewire port so that I can upload footage from my video camera
- Enough memory to support a good amount of video, as well as my music (around 5,000 songs). I also have an external harddrive, but I'd like to keep the use of that to a minimum because I've heard too many stories of them breaking.
- Not Vista. I hate vista. I really like my desktop which is windows XP, but I know it's older so it may be harder to find a newer laptop with XP.

Thanks for your help! I'm going to keep looking around, but if you could throw out some recommendations that'd be super helpful.



Answer
any modern laptop with a dual core or better cpu and more than 4gb memory and 500Gb hard drive will do what you want windows seven can run a virtual XP O/S so it will feel the same but you may have trouble finding a firewire port and may need a pcmcia card with firewire, for processing video any laptop will be much slower than a good desktop

Discounted laptops for students ?




Robert


Hey,
I'm just starting my film studies at Columbia and I need a 15" macbook pro but it's around 16004 when I can invest just 1200$ Do you know about any ways to get further discounts besides the 100$ off for students? Thanks!
3 days ago - 1 day left to answer.



Answer
For Macs? The best discount is for education (students, teachers, school employees). Apple really don't give out too many discounts. Only other discount is through a business that do heavy business with Apple and only then it's for employees of that business only.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help finding a laptop for college? I'm a film production student.?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment