Friday, May 30, 2014

Laptop needed for College?




seinfeldgi


I need a laptop that has:
A lot of memory
Built-in webcam
Lots of ports
Port for my camera, to upload pics with
6 or more hours of battery life
one that NEVER over heats,
Light weight, medium sized screen,
Fast of course, has Windows and is just a great laptop for College Students.
I will be majoring in Fine Arts / Humanities.
I do not need a laptop for gaming.

I really am looking for a website with a lot of reviews from people that have purchased their laptops.

I am looking at a DELL or XP.
btw, what other laptops are there for college??
All I see is DELL,XP, and MAC, any others that I should be looking at?

I was going with a MAC but I don't really like how the layout is and what it doesn't have for college like Windows, idk, I just didn't like it when I went into the Apple store.

Thank You so much!

I forgot to add that my price range is:
$700-$1,100.



Answer
Realistically, you don't need a laptop for college. I have found that the portability is not necessary. Often times if you look at the University website they run specials on laptops (and sometimes desktops). Usually this is run through either "University Computing" or the Campus bookstore. It is worth checking this out-the reason is often these computers are configured to be perfect for that school.

Something worth considering is a desktop...you can spend alot less money and get a much 'better' computer - more memory, faster processor, bigger/better monitor, and many more capabilities.

Often when you buy a laptop, you also purchase a docking station, keybord, speakers, mouse, etc...and the laptop pretty much gets used as if it were a desktop.

Anyway, good look with your quest! Hope this was helpful!

Laptop????




don k


I'm a senior in high school looking for a laptop. I mainly use my computer to download ALOT of music and watch movies. I don't play computer games but would like to have a computer that can handle alot of things at once. The only other thing is I would like to use the laptop to also do some schoolwork and stuf like that on word, and powerpoint, etc. Price isn't really a factor, as long as the price is under $2000. I'm thinking of getting a mac but im not sure yet cuz ive never had a mac before.

Thanks in advance



Answer
Hey,
I was interested for the same kind of laptop and ended up getting an HP. I'm actually using it now, and it's really amazing. Take a look at the sites below. They're really fast and powerful, have tons of storage, and are really cheap considering other laptops. Try the HP dv2500. Also in the links below is a link to the HP website. If you want to buy, go there and customize one just like you want it. I also recommend going to CNET Reviews (the link is below) and checking out the reviews, not only for the HP, but for other laptops.

As for going for a Mac, they are popular with a lot of teens nowadays. There are a lot of things I find fault with, though. First, you don't get all the bang for your buck. You can definitely get a more powerful computer with more storage space from another company. Not only that, but your iPod will work just as well! Next, there is a lot less software available for Macs. When you head to college, there may be special software you need for your courses that may not run on Macs. Finally, Vista is kind of controversial now as an operating system, but I'm using it right now on my HP and it works like a charm. It looks great too--better than XP, anyway.

All in all, you probably need 160 GB+ for movies and music, and definitely 1 GB+ (go for 2 GB if you can) of RAM--don't even consider anything less with Vista. You may want to go for a smaller hard drive and buy an external drive. They're easier to take around, and there is less trouble if anything breaks. I recommend the Western Digital MyBook, either with 500GB or 1TB if you have tons of music. If you need something portable, still go with Western Digital. In my opinion, they're sleeker, faster, and more reliable. If weight is not a consideration on the laptop, 17" screens are the best in my opinion, though mine has a 14.1" screen. Although I love HP now, Sony makes great laptops too--check them out (the site is below).

Vote me for Best Answer!! Haha...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Laptop needed for College?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment