Sunday, May 11, 2014

For MBA students, Is it enough to have a netbook or is it necessary to own a laptop?




Sukesh Y.





Answer
Well, first of all, I'm an MBA student, I own a netbook and a laptop.

I find it difficult to do any meaningful task on my 11' netbook. Say if you have to write a paper, you need to do some research online, or might need to have a few browsers ready at any point of your writing. The screen is a bit too small for reading journal articles. Also, I find the keys a bit too small for writing an essay. It's so much more effective to type on a laptop. The last problem I have with a netbook is that the system is too slow, it gets a bit frustrating if you want to do research with it. My netbook is an Acer that comes with Atom. I'm not sure if other netbooks are better, but my advice would be, if you have a laptop, it'll be great to have a netbook so you can carry it around to class, to meeting, without having to carry the large heavy laptop. But if you're thinking about JUST getting a netbook, I'm afraid it's not a good idea.

Hope it helps!

J.
www.wordsofj.com

Laptops in business school?




Sherman W


Wondering if business school students generally use laptops in class. If so, then I will purchase a small, light, and portable laptop. If business schools don't allow laptops, then i'll opt for more power and a bigger screen.

By the way, this is business school for an MBA, so it's grad school. Thank you!



Answer
I teach in an MBA program, and I would say that at this point, about 60-75% of my students bring laptops to class on a regular basis. Since I give essay exams, I let them write their exams on laptops too, and about 80% of them opt to use them for that purpose. I do have colleagues who prohibit the use of laptops in class because they find them distracting, but they are in the minority.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: For MBA students, Is it enough to have a netbook or is it necessary to own a laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment