Thursday, May 15, 2014

help, wat laptop to buy/choose?




Conor C


hey i want to buy a laptop for college for around 600 euro and want to have at least an i3 processor and 320gb. i have been lookin at these 2, but i'm not sure wat too get, plz help, any feedback would be appreciated. links below

1. dell laptop (the 599 euro one, need to scroll doen on the page).
http://ireland.dell.com/ie/en/home/Dell-Laptops/inspiron-15r/pd.aspx?refid=inspiron-15r&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&~ck=mn

2. samsung laptop
http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfullat.asp?productcode=WCENPR540JA04UK#spec

or if ya have suggestions on a different laptop, with the requirements i stated above. thanks
tat HP laptop looks class alright, but will it work in europe(ireland).



Answer
I have a much better option for you,it is the most credible and the most powerful HP Pavilion dv6-3150us 15.6-Inch Laptop with core i5 and 500 gb of ram for just 573 euro at:
http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-dv6-3150us-15-6-Inch-Laptop/dp/B00400OS0O/ref=sr_1_9?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1287962744&sr=1-9=&tag=tawkisd-20

Here are its specifications:

Intel Core i5-460M Processor (2.53GHz); 4GB DDR3 SDRAM memory (2 x 2GB) (expandable to 8GB); 500GB (5400 RPM) Serial ATA hard drive; Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
15.6 Inch diagonal High-Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768), Intel HD Graphics with up to 1696MB total graphics memory, Intel Wi-Di ready to wirelessly stream your photos, videos and other PC content to an HD TV
External Ports: 5-in-1 memory card reader; 4 USB 2.0 (4th port shared with eSATA); 1 HDMI; 1 VGA (15-pin); 1 RJ -45 (LAN); 1 Headphone-out; 1 Microphone-in
LightScribe Technology SuperMulti DVD Burner; Dolby Advanced Audio with Altec Lansing speakers; Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n WLAN & WiDi
Brushed aluminum finish; 101-key compatible with island-style full-size backlit keyboard; HP Clickpad with On/Off button; HP TrueVision Webcam with integrated digital microphone; HP SimplePass with integrated fingerprint reader

Need Information About Ireland?




Kala


I'm doing a writing assignment for class on International Communication and we are to pick a country - I picked Ireland because one day I would love to visit. I'm from the U.S.A. and I'm to write a bullet list summarizing communication considerations, such as cultural variables of beliefs, attitudes, values, political, economic, social, religious, educational, technological, linguistic.

I've done a search on Ireland, but I'm finding only tourist websites. Nothing that would help me understand Ireland's culture... like is it appropriate for a woman to shake a man's hand, when addressing a person in writing it should always be formal, what the average education of the country, how many languages does the average person know in Ireland, what is the main religion, can an Irish person distance themselves between business life and private life (unlike Asian people), do they focus on individuals or groups (Asian focus on groups), etc.

Do you have a link about Ireland that would lead me to some answers I need?
I suppose this is good info:
http://www.cso.ie/default.htm

Hi Orla C. - no, I try to stay away from wikipedia as a source. The Ireland census reports (on the link above) are hard to summarize for the education part. Wish they had % rates of total population. I did learn that Ireland is having a mass exodus possibly due to a downturn in the economy. Highest since 1989. I also learned that you Ireland has two languages, English and Irish, and the Irish language has three dialects - Munster Irish, Connacht Irish, and Ulster Irish. Only 1 of 3 Irish people have some degree of fluency in the Irish language. Irish seems to be a fading language in Ireland, unfortunately.
Hi Aoibhín - thank you for your insight to Ireland culture. Yes, I was using the handshake as an example because another student posted his work on-line (I'm in a hybrid class - 1/2 on-line and 1/2 face to face classroom) about Japan - I believe a handshake is not an acceptable way to say goodbye??? I'm picking at straws here and really appreciate the responses. I even e-mailed your Census office for help. :) This assignment is due Saturday at mid-night on-line.
This is so awesome! Never talk with people in another country before. I wish this could be a conversation board instead of a Q&A board. I love all of your answers. I did not realize Ireland was two separate countries. That is why I kept getting two different census reports. That was messing me up. I'm sorry to the other guy about your feelings towards the English people.

Talked with my teacher this morning. It sounds to me that Ireland(s) and U.S.A. are not much different culturally from each other, so I won't have much to report. However, she said that was ok because it was the researching that I did that mattered. I will mention my conversations (oops Q & A's) I had with you on Yahoo!Answer.



Answer
I don't have a link but I thought I'd just.. tell you myself if that's alright.

Education - Ireland has the 8th best education system in the world and the average Irish school goer speaks three languages, including English. Irish, English and Maths are compulsory right through until you finish Secondary School at 17/18 and if you don't pass them in you Leaving Cert, you fail your Leaving Cert and can't go to University. Try looking up these words for more help with the Irish education system; Leaving Certificate, Junior Certificate and some universities you could look at online are Univeristy College Cork, NUIG, Trinity College, UCD.

Religious - A lot of the religious people in Ireland consist of the immigrants and old people. I'm 18 and don't know anyone who is religious. The religious diversity in Ireland seems to be increasing all the time e.g. 20 years ago an Irish person may never have seen a Muslim in their life but now it's not so uncommon. We have some Mosques and Synagogues. If you try researching "Jewish community in Ireland" or "Muslim community in Ireland" you might get some info.

Technological - Ireland is a first world country so technology plays quite a high roll here but perhaps we don't rely on it as much as Americans do e.g. Schools here still always use books and you'd never see a student on a laptop while in class unless it was at University. Most houses have between 2 and 3 television sets, it's common for children aged 11 and over to have a mobile phone and I've seen a lot with I-Phone's and all that stuff.

Things like attitudes, values, politics obviously vary across Ireland as everyone has their own opinion but we are having a general election on the 25th of February to elect a new Government so you could look up that and possibly type Fianna Fáil, a political party, into Google and you'll come to understand why Ireland hates them so much and also why Ireland is in such an economic mess at the moment regarding emigration and employment.

As for a woman shaking a man's hand.. Well I hope you're joking about that. Of course that's acceptable. Perhaps you are one of those people who are surprised to find that Ireland is not stuck in the 1700's.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: help, wat laptop to buy/choose?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment