Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Best computer for University students?




schmoldty


I was recently accepted to a university and plan on majoring in biology... I'm considering purchasing a Lenovo touch screen so i can write my notes and hopefully retain the information better or buying an alienware notebook or a Macbook. My question is out of these three brands which brand would you recommend (and why?) and what model would you recommend? (and why?)


Answer
my answer is not going to be enormously helpful because i don't know a great deal about alienware or macbooks- but i highly recommend NOT getting a lenovo. many have problems with the hard drive and/or mother board, and they're just physically set up strangely (keyboard, USB ports, etc.), so if you've used another type of computer it takes a LOT of getting used to.

one thing to note about macs- a lot of schools require that you use certain math or science programs that only run on windows, which means you'll have to run windows in addition to OS on your laptop. just something to consider.

hope that helps at least a little!

What is the best laptop for computer engineering students?




Lawrence G


Hey guys, I am currently attending at a community college and after 6 months I'll be going to a grad school to take my computer engineering major. I've been doing a research lately on what laptop should I get and still I'm an undeceided yet. I prefer Windows rather than Mac just because I am already used to it. I am still not familiar though what programs we will be using once I got into university. Can you suggest some particular laptops that I should buy or better yet, the specs I need for my laptop. Right now, I have a budget of $1000.

Things to consider, (please feel free to advise me):

-portability
-screen size is no larger than 15"
-good processor
-RAM
-decent battery
-good graphics
-memory

Note: If I missed something, please feel free to suggest.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.



Answer
If you are a freshman, any laptop will do. The only programs that you will probably be using for lower division are MS Office, Notepad++ and Dev-C++ since you will mostly be taking math and physics courses at that point.

Anyways, get a PC. A lot of engineering software is designed only for Windows (also, most microcontrollers and programmable logic devices won't run on a Mac without some third party software).
On the other hand, as a computer engineer you will be able to tweak and modify stuff in your operating system, while MacOS won't let you do so.

From personal experience, look into ASUS, Toshiba or Lenovo laptops. They are reliable and they aren't too expensive.

BTW, I bought mine at www.newegg.com in case you are looking for a store




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best computer for University students?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment