Saturday, May 24, 2014

Should I get a Mac or PC?




English An


I am a sixth form student and have roughly 1.5 years until I start university. I am looking to buy a new laptop that will enable me to complete my A-Levels and then possibly get me through uni. I am thinking about taking product design so software might be an issue, but having a mac wouldn't inhibit me would it? I'd just have to get the right software. There are a few programs I currently have a copy of from school DT, but I could use those at school, and if I'm honest I will hardly use them outside of school in the next two years.
So what I'm looking for is a laptop that can suit my needs such as
- Design software
- The typical office stuff --> Word, PowerPoint, Excel (not a problem on either platform)
- Something for photo editing (nothing too serious, just playing with Photoshop)
- Not for gaming
- For music storage
- For photo storage

If you think windows, can you recommend any particular brands/models?
Which Macbook - normal or pro?

Thanks =D



Answer
A Mac is much more ideal for what you need. Since you said you might want to study product design, a program like that in college requires various software programs, much of which, contrary to the first answerer, DOES work with a Mac. Go to the Apple website, and for you, a MacBook Pro seems very ideal. Choose whatever screen size works best for you, and if you're going to have that laptop as your main computer device and have it for several years through college through product design, you might want to get the 2.4 Processor with 8 GB, (Which is an added $400, but completely worth it.) You can always also upgrade to the 2.66 Processor with 8 GB, which gives you stunning processor speed and gargantuan memory for storing everything you need. You can get Microsoft Office 2011 (For Student and Home) on your Mac, as well as extras that you pay for, but work MAGNIFICENTLY, such as Final Cut Express and Aperture. All Macs come with iMovie and iPhoto, but for serious filmers, Final Cut Express is top-notch video editing software, and Aperture is almost like Apple's version of Adobe Photo Shop. You can mix and match what you want to your Mac, the options are endless!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I get a Mac or PC?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment