Tuesday, May 27, 2014

College taking notes and classes? Laptop or paper?




Dalton G


I was wondering what you do or did in college. I am entering college this year so want to know if it's best to use a computer to take notes or use paper, I am about equal speed in both of them. Also how many people usually keep their laptops on and use them during class? Thanks for the info, please respond with class size and if you want where you go to college!


Answer
Depends on the Professor that you have, some may or may not allow electronics in the class. Such things as voice recorders, notebooks, and laptops. Reasons are they want you to not distract the class with a type of show and tell. Another is you could be surfing the Internet or more likely the thought of you playing videos and games.

Quick reference watch the movie back to school see the scene were the character named Melon is using a personal secretary to take notes. Hahhaa

Yes I had attended college at two different campus, because one of them did not have all my course work that was needed for the field of study that I was doing.

Check with each of your college Professors not the students some might be doing it as a practicule joke or some thing to that affect. Check with the Admin see if such eletronics are permitted. It could be a mute point.

Now some studies (research) claims that physically writing each letter helps your mind remember things. That study went on for decades so there is a lot more data to prove it is better than any other form. Later on they did a study on typing (using type writers) for note taking to see if this was better and last that I recall hearing on this it does help but not as much.

However (you know there was going to be a "but" in this some where) you can read the notes much more clearly. They are great for going back and high lighting the key points or the must study areas for exams. Next part of this "however" depends on the individual are you a "visual learner" or a "audio learner" or "your both" which a small percentage are both.

Without going into a long description on each of those here is the short. Visual then you can do either hand-written or typed, Audio should stick with hand-written, Both would do better at the typing on such things as laptop.

If you want more details on these you can either research it or ask another question.

btw... Having the notes on the computer you can also do searches on them easier. You could copy and paste what you want to look up on things like http://www.howstuffworks.com and http://www.google.com

Remember to pick best answer, thanks!

Four hours left of my question, maybe some one can answer mine.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aqv.LIIApnCJjudamZjuo5EazKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20100820000227AAWBiHo

Laptops in college ?




BJ3


How often do you use a laptop in college.Do you bring it with you to every class and how do you utilize them. Do you use them for notes or just researching for a project or homework?


Answer
I'm a sophomore at a major university in the US--laptops are essential to college. I use my laptop every single day! In lectures, I typically use a notebook to take notes instead of my laptop, but that's personal preference. I play too much solitaire when I take notes using my computer!
In a lecture of 300 students, I'll see about 10-20 laptops depending on the class. Everyone I know has one, and they're very handy in case you have a group project, since you can just pick it up, take it with, and voila! All your information/work is right there, ready for the group's input.
I use my laptop for papers, research, and homework--I also type up my notes on it after a lecture, since I've found it reinforces what I learned. In addition to educational purposes, I use it to keep in touch with my friends/family.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: College taking notes and classes? Laptop or paper?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment