Monday, May 19, 2014

I will being going to college in 2014, and I desperately need a new laptop. Any suggestions?




Sonya


I really want a laptop that can support most games on average settings as well as function well for a college student, however money is an issue. The the absolute max is $2,000, but I would prefer $1,500 or under. Thanks in advance!


Answer
1500? Definetley the HP Pavillion DV6, great laptop for gaming and anything else, or an Asus.

Borrowing additional student loan money during the semester allowed?




Eve ill


I applied for and received a $4500 subsidized loan for fall 2013 and spring/summer 2014 and found that this is not enough. I am working part-time, and attending classes full time. My school says the cost of attendance is roughly $18100. After doing my budget, and according to the fafsa's estimated household contribution, I realize I need about another $4000 (since I'm at the max borrowing limit for subsidized, I will have to take out the $4000 I need as unsubsidized.) This money will have to go towards a new laptop I need to take a certain class, along with gas money and other things for school. I grossly underestimated what I would need when I first applied, and fall semester nearly killed me financially.

Do colleges even grant loan requests in the middle of an academic year after the semester has already begun? Would I even be able to get the loan during spring or would I have to wait for summer? Help from either a fin aid rep or another student who has done this would be appreciated.



Answer
It depends on whether you still have eligibility. Federal student loans have annual loan limits. If you received $4,500 in a subsidized loan, you are probably a sophomore. If that's the case, then you may still have another $2,000 in unsubsidized eligibility left, but only your school can give you an accurate answer because only they know all the factors that effect your eligibility. If you don't have any federal eligibility left, you can still apply for a private student loan, up to the cost of attendance. Private student loans are credit bases, however, so students often need to obtain a co-signer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I will being going to college in 2014, and I desperately need a new laptop. Any suggestions?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment