Thursday, May 8, 2014

Want to major in business. Do i need laptop?




RobertC


I want to study business in college/university. I will be staying at home, in terms of residence. I have a 10 inch netbook, a 17 inch laptop, and a desktop. Do i need another laptop?

I mean, the only really portable computer i have is my netbook, is that enough? Thats the only laptop id consider bringing to school and back.

If i do need another laptop, what size should i get? I was considering a 14 or a 15.5 inch vaio, what do you think?

Also, what will my laptop mainly be used for in university? Typing notes(I can do that on my desktop at home)? or others? please specify

Lastly, how many courses do we get to choose in university? I want to major in business, and i know that the number of courses i get to choose may vary. But approx, how many? 2? 3? more?


I know its a lot to ask. But i really need help. Thanks in Advance!!!



Answer
I know nothing about computers BUT having a BS and MBA in business you will definitely need a laptop. Most business classes are group projects so even if you are staying home you will have to meet with your groups for projects.
As for courses...if you are going full time you should take atleast 4-5 courses. If you are going part time than 2-3.
Good luck!!!

Laptops for Business?




NNZ1991


Alright so my sister is looking for a laptop for college and were not sure what to get. She is going to major in business so were looking for a computer that will be good for business purposes. Something thats not ultra light but not heavy would be nice. I was looking at the Lenovo laptops. I have lost all faith in dell when it comes to laptops. How is gateway, we had a lot of those in school.


Answer
I am not a huge gateway fan for business, but IBM/Lenovos are great. If your looking for something for a test run or just to use for a year until she really sees what she wants/needs - then spend the big bucks - I would suggest these guys:
http://stores.ebay.com/IT-bySMart

They sell used off lease business grade laptops for really inexpensive ($350 can get you an IBM, which is also lenovo) business grade laptop that is about 2 years old with win XP PRO installed! It is a great buy. After her first year of school you can resell the laptop for around the same price and then put that $$ towards a newer laptop that she may need.

FYI Apples are good, but unless she is doing graphics or design then it is really overkill for business school

Best of luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Want to major in business. Do i need laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment