Monday, May 26, 2014

Best laptop for college student?




RileyG


I dropped my laptop and the screen shattered.
:[
ugh

I have a $4,000 limit.

I need something with a lot of memory, and a built in web cam .

I don't really know computer lingo, but I need something with a good word processing application(?) .


Please, I need it by Wednesday.



Answer
I would get a nice Macbook Pro (they can't get viruses like PC's do, and you don't have to buy anti-virus software with a Mac!). The 2.53/15" model as it is should be plenty for any student. It has a webcam, dvd burner, 4gb memory, huge hard drive, and it's brand new (they only came out last week!). They are $2,499.

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

You will need to purchase and install Microsoft Office for word processing. Although apple does have it's own software, Office is most commonly used. That is anywhere from $110 to $149 depending on where you purchase it. It would take about 10 minutes to install on your new laptop.

Wherever you shop and whatever you choose, be sure to use your student discount for 10% off.

You also should go on your college website and look at their recommended specs to make sure that the laptop you pick matches with their recommendations.

Good luck.

Best Laptop For College Student?




Andrea


I will be starting college in the fall and could use a new laptop. I currently have a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6005. It still runs and I have no "big" complaints with it except for the fact that over the past few years it has become sluggish and glitchy despite hardly any memory being used, etc. The three main names I have looked at are Toshiba, Lenovo, and Dell. Unfortunately, I'm no expert on technology, so I need help deciding what I should invest in.
I have a decent amount of music and pictures, I am not a fan of touch screen so whether or not the laptop has one does not matter, I need a DVD/CD player, and nothing too heavy and bulky (my current laptop weighs a ton.) I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm not going to be using much math/science programs with it either.
I definitely can not afford a Mac, nor do I want one considering a lot of the Microsoft systems I would need to use are not as compatible on them and I am not a fan of their set-up. (I have also been told by several students they do not work as well on the campus.)
I am sorry if this rambled on, but I figured the more info to help direct me somewhere the better. Which brand do you think is best to last a four/five year college student and maybe even a particular model? Thank you!



Answer
Mac is really expensive as compared to other laptops but it does not means others do not have good features. The preference you have mentioned are Toshiba, Lenovo and Dell. My vote would be for Dell because they have really reliable and durable laptops and particularly it has a model of Dell Inspiron i15N-3910BK which is really good for its features and affordable price of under $500.

It has Intel Core i5 3210M 2.6 GHz with 6 GB DDR3 RAM which is really good processor for an efficient performance. It has a huge storage capability with 1 TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive and it has 15-Inch Screen. So overall nice laptop for a college student like you.

Look at this for further details:

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i15N-3910BK-15-Inch-Laptop/dp/B009FX7CGS/ref=zg_bs_565108_5&tag=faowiw-20

Here is a comment from an actual user:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1ENRFTEJTOH6R/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B009FX7CGS&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=faowiw-20




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best laptop for college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment