Sunday, January 26, 2014

What is a good inexpensive laptop for a college student?

good inexpensive laptop for college student
 on HAFEEZCENTRE.PK: Hp Messenger Laptop bag (Artist Edition)
good inexpensive laptop for college student image



That one g


I don't need anything really fancy just something to store some music, word processing, stuff like that. I know it may be a streach but I'm only looking to spend about $600. Thanks


Answer
I have a dell inspiron and I've had it for like 5 years and had no problems.

How do wireless cards for the computer work?




AshleyD


My grandfather gave me his old laptop computer for school. I believe it is a 2002 Gateway. So its a little old. I want to use it for school, but I don't know how to use the WiFi network or a wireless card. I use Comcast for my computer at home right now. I really dont want to spend a ton of money a month for extra internet service, since I am a poor college student and all!! :)Thank you!


Answer
Wireless is, in simple terms, just the movement of a radio signal from one device to another. The difference between wi-fi and a regular radio is the content of the signal.

If the laptop has a wireless adapter already (built into the device or a card installed in a slot), then you shouldn't need anything at school if they have wireless service on campus. You should just be able to connect to their network.

At home, you probably need to add a wireless router. This is a device that connects between the cable modem and any computers in the house (like your current one). The router can send a wireless signal out in your house that will allow you to use the laptop anywhere in the house.

The only additional expense would be for the router, about $30-40 for an inexpensive one (maybe cheaper on ebay). There's no extra costs to Comcast for this.

If the laptop doesn't have a wireless adapter (you didn't make this clear in your question), you can get one line like the one in the link below. They can be had on ebay, brand new, for under $20.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good inexpensive laptop for a college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment