Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What type of Short Hand should aspiring Court Reporters learn?

best laptop for college in india
 on Top Engineering Colleges in India | Top Engineering University India |
best laptop for college in india image
Q. What is the most common one taught at colleges and universities? I know of Pitman, Gregg, and Teeline, but don't know which one i should learn. I live in Wisconsin if that helps at all.

Thanks so much!


Answer
I own a video production company that specializes in litigation support and I work with court reporters.

My first instant answer is Gregg, but Stenotype:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stenotype

Look to a court reporting program near you for the details - BUT - THE INDUSTRY IS CHANGING!!!

I have been to more and more jobs where there is no traditional court reporter, but what they are calling Digital Court Reporters - who are Notary Public folks who bring in a laptop computer for notes and toss two digital audio recorders out on the desk.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Technology/2012/02/07/Court-reporting-goes-digital.html

This is one article, and here is Florida Court site:

http://www.ca.cjis20.org/home/main/ecr.asp

Do research before you go into debt at a school, the writing is on the wall. These days, the digital or electronic reporter needs not go to school to learn this trade, and they email the files to India or such for the transcript to be made.

It is not a great system, but it is far less expensive, and it has been happening for more than a decade.

Best wishes for much success, always!

What si the difference between these laptops?

Q. I was checking Dell web page and notice that the Inspiron 14z and the XPS 14 are pretty alike, I do not know why there is that difference in the price. I want to buy a laptop and I was aiming for the XPS 14 but noticing how alike are those 2 which one should I buy. (I m a college student, that don't play high resolution game, maybe a massive online game)

And what do you say about a HP Folio or Envy, I had bad experience with HP my battery stop working after 15 months, so I am not comfortable looking for a HP, but I will appreciate any feedback.


Answer
Dell sucks, it's the worst computer manufacturer ever...
Dell is very popular amongst uneducated consumers, especially in the US and India, but a piece of crap nonetheless.

In fact, you should never shop for laptops by brand only, just compare specs vs price and get the best you can afford.
Very solid brands are Lenovo (formerly IBM), Toshiba, ASUS, Acer (formerly Gateway and eMachines), Sony Vaio, Fujitsu and even HP (which now includes Compaq too).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What type of Short Hand should aspiring Court Reporters learn?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment