Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What is the best laptop for a college student?

best laptop for first year college student
 on ... bridges SP digital divide with free laptops - Indian Express
best laptop for first year college student image



Carolyn


I am wondering which laptops are best for college students. I want a laptop about $1000. I need A LOT of storage space that can handle and itunes account with over 5000 songs and a lot of photos.


Answer
Yeah I'm a big fan of MacBooks. Apple is great with students and most colleges have discount programs with them. Last year I got a free iPod Touch, printer, and three year service plan when I ordered through my college. The service is great too. My hard drive crashed and I had a new one installed 4 days after I took it in for free.

I'm pretty sure MacBooks come with a minimum 200 GB hard drive which should be plenty of space for everything you need. I have 15,000 songs on mine (~80 GB) and I still have room for all of my programs and documents

What educational purchases can I write off on my taxes?




LoStOnE


I am a college student in Louisiana, and I was wanting to know what educational expenses I can write off on my taxes. I bought a $1500 laptop this year, and I have proof that I am required to have it for my computer science major. Also, I have receipts from textbooks I have purchased this year that total up to about $500. Can I write these things off on my taxes?


Answer
You would not be able to get a tax benefit for any of those items.

Students receive tax benefits by claiming either the tuition deduction or one of the education credits. You are permitted to claim whichever gives you the most tax savings, although you cannot claim both. Both the deduction and the credit are computed using "qualified educational expenses."

Qualified educational expenses do not include books, computers, or other supplies. An exception is if those items must be purchased from the school as a condition of enrollment, but that is rare.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best laptop for a college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment