Thursday, January 30, 2014

Best Laptop for an Architect student?




Allanzer


This next semester, I planned to buy a laptop but I don't know whats the 'best' laptop for me. I will surely use an Auto CAD and some related to architecture programs. I have several options of laptops:
- Sony Vaio S (2011)

- Apple Macbook Pro 13' (2011)

- HP Envy 14 Beats edition haha

-or other suggestion?



Answer
Nothing could beat macbook, i am also an architect student and my macbook is doing lot more than any pc can do it, it works like a charm, you will forget all others, i will suggest you to buy Apple MacBook Pro MC700LL/A which is a 13.3 inch laptop having the following specs:

2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
320 GB Hard Drive, 8x DVD/CD SuperDrive, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, Precision aluminum unibody
13.3 inch LED-backlit display, 1280-by-800 resolution
Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
High Speed Thunderbolt Port, FaceTime HD Camera, Mac OS X v10.7 Lion

I have found its customer review which will help you decide:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3J3GKIJBKPJT6/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B002QQ8H8I&nodeID=&link_code=traffic.ds.001=&tag=tawers-20

Check it out here:

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MC700LL-13-3-Inch-Laptop/dp/B002QQ8H8I/ref=zg_bs_565108_1&tag=tawers-20

What is a good and stylish laptop for an architecture student?




helper


Hi I am an architecture student on my fourth year in university, and my Alienware m9700 that my cousin recently gave me just crashed on me! Well I've had it for about 4 months but he had it previously for 4 years. I think it would be better to just get a new laptop instead of replacing its hard drive, so what would be good?

I use programs such as Google Sketchup 8 with renderer plug-ins like Podium and IDx,as well as AutoCAD 2011 and Revit 2012. My main concern is that my laptop would crash when rendering so hopefully my new one won't crash anymore.

On the stylish part, I want to spend at most $1700 for a name brand such as Sony, Dell or Asus. ANy other brands would be great but I'll definitely take a look at them before buying. Thanks!
I currently own a 15 inch Macbook Pro with 500GB memory, but I find that on parallels my AutoCAD is so slow so I need a separate PC laptop. Thanks



Answer
I really like this one from Dell.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2390913,00.asp

Or a MacBook Air




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best Laptop for an Architect student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment