Wednesday, January 22, 2014

How Much Battery Life Do I Need For A Laptop in College?

best laptop for college notes
 on Galaxy Note For Sale Philippines Brand New And 2nd Hand Review | Best ...
best laptop for college notes image



SniMaster


I am interested in buying a laptop for college. I wanted to know what is a good amount of battery life to have on a laptop. I would be using the laptop to take notes. What do most college students use?


Answer
it depends on many factors

*what course your studying (obviously and ICT course would require more computer work than cooking)
*if you only need the laptop to do typing (maybe consider a "notebook" which have a 4-5 hour average battery)

and does the college not have power sockets? this is what I use at my college, using a laptop on the mains helps keep the battery working for longer.

What kind of laptop computer would be most ideal for school use?




Dominikid


My cousin wants a laptop for college, and we're trying to buy him one. I do all online buying for my mom, and neither knows which type would be most useful for school use. HELP!


Answer
You can't go wrong and I personally recommend Dell! There are hidden long-run costs that one does not initially see when you purchase a Notebook PC other than Dell, HP or IBM and later encounter difficulties or attempt buying replacement parts like a battery, or say a keyboard etc.

Also since you're buying for college then I do NOT recommend a Notebook PC bigger than 15.4" bec we have 3 DELLs incl a larger 17" Notebook PC and the larger ones are nice but much too heavy to lug around campus as well as too big for lecture hall desks in college...

I mentioned we own 3 Dell Notebook PCs and why I recommend DELL, HP or IBM for those living in the United States is that those 3 particular PC Notebook manufacturers literally supply all the business Notebook PCs to the major corporations and Government so replacement parts are readily available esp on EBAY at even a more reasonable price than the manufacturer website. Thus in the long run, being able to get the exact replacement part extends the life on your investment.

FYI my 1st Notebook PC was Gateway bec I couldn't afford Dell at the time and what a mistake is was when I needed to purchase a new Notebook battery <= costly bec not readily available like Dells... and FYI I also ran into a similar problem when attempting to upgrade the memory.

Note if you are looking for DELL bargains, then visit their DELL OUTLET site...

Hope the Above Info Helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How Much Battery Life Do I Need For A Laptop in College?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment