Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Is good old fashioned studying in school a thing of the past?

best laptop for fashion student
 on OFFER Backpack/ lovely students fashion double shoulder pack /computer ...
best laptop for fashion student image



jrhughes30


I have noticed that a lot of questions posted
math or science related. This makes me wonder
if the students of today just fall back onto
a service like Yahoo! Answers instead of taking
the time to study and learn in class.

How many of you use Yahoo! Answers instead of
a text book for tests and homework?
Pardon formatting. The webpage distorted the original post.



Answer
Most of them are at school using either PC provided in the lab or laptops that their parents purchased to help them with their studies.

If the parents knew there children were chatting and emailing with there laptops, they would think twice.

However, there are schools that require students to have laptops. including colleges.

Students should do their own research.

I just don't answer questions that seem like school questions or final exams.

Is it really true that handwriting notes in college is old fashion?







Is it really true? Does everyone type their notes in college?

In highschool, I've always always been that person who likes to write everything down that's on the board. I know, I know, that wastes time and there's no time to do that in college.
The teachers would also go really fast too so i literally would scribble down everything i could (and litterally it would look worse than a kindergartener's writing) and come home and rewrite everything all nicely! (yes that is time consuming, but that is also how i would study, by re-seeing what we learned in class).

Does anyone in college write notes by hand anymore? Or is it all done on the computer? Would people laugh at me if I took notes by hand?

I don't know how to type as people are talking. Imagine the professor talking, and you need to keep up with what he's saying. I know for a fact I will not be able to type what he's saying right away. I'm an okay typer, but I know I cannot type as he's speaking. Note taking by hand will be much more convenient for me.

Oh and what about math classes? How is it possible to take your notes on the computer? You need to do it by hand right because how can you draw little shapes and write formulas with special characters? You so need to take notes by hand in math class!

See, I don't really want to lug around a laptop with me. I won't need to if I don't need to take notes by the computer.

Oh and last questions, how do notes work in college? Are there powerpoint presentations? Will professors give you enough time to get everything down? Will he lecture you all the time? Will he print out handouts for you from time to time?
How does all that work?

Thank you! ;)



Answer
If you already have a system that works, there's no need to change it. To answer your question, college kids often do take notes on their computers, but not always. Some people prefer handwriting like you. Some people adjust their note taking style by subject. That's what I always did. For example, if my professor made the PowerPoint for that day's lecture available in advance, I would either take notes directly on the PowerPoint in digital form or I would print the slides and write my notes on them. If the class required a lot of figures, diagraming, or drawing, I would take notes by hand. Figure out what works for you and adjust accordingly. Who cares how other people are taking notes if your method works for you? That's really all that matters.

Every professor runs their class differently. I had everything from traditional lectures with PowerPoint presentations, to discussion based classes, to science labs, to student directed learning opportunities. There wasn't one note taking method that worked for every class. Some professors will give students time to catch up, others won't. For those that don't, consider bringing a tape recorder so that you can listen to lectures again later. You might get hand outs, you might not. You'll just have to adjust to different teaching styles and expectations.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is good old fashioned studying in school a thing of the past?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment