Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Should I buy a new laptop?




Anonymous


I have had a dell laptop for 2 years. Next year I will be going to college for at least 6 years. I was thinking of getting a macbook pro, but wasn't sure if I should get one.


Answer
Hi,

I see some of the others here are trying to mislead you when it comes to choosing a Mac. You get what you pay for, and with Macs you get a lot more. A totally integrated user experience, fantastic build quality, long life, good performance, excellent trouble-free software, and a machine you can be proud of. Most users who buy Mac never go back to a PC.

The last thing you want to be doing while going to college is spending time on virus updates, upgrading and maintaing the machine, and fighting with settings and drivers. Although the Mac may seem a little unfamiliar at first after years using a PC, you soon learn to appreciate its simplicity and elegance -- it's well worth the effort.

There's a good reason that the MacBook is the machine of choice for most students these days, and if you do go for a MacBook, you will find many kindred spirits at college.

You don't necessarily need to go for a high-end MacBook -- the MacBook Air makes a perfect compromise between small size, low cost and excellent quality. If you want to go with a laptop that will last you for your time at college, then invest in a MacBook Pro Retina display -- they are available in 13 or 15 versions, and are probably the best laptops that money can buy.

One final tip: you can get great student discounts on Macs and Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac, which you will need for your studies.

Good luck!

Laptop choice for student entering college?




jo_z_rox20


Next fall, (fall 2011) i will be entering college as a freshman, and i was wondering if anyone had a particular choice for a laptop computer that would be ideal for a student.
course, i'm going to be a student, so i;m nt looking to spend a lot of money either.
any suggestions?
thanks in advance!



Answer
don't do a dell they have bad customer service and quite a few of their 15's have fan issues after a few months (I replaced 3 fans before my dell died this last march, right before all my essays were being written) You're better off with a sony or toshiba (my friend has a toshiba and hasn't had an issue yet) plus they have better battery life then dell (by a mile, my 1525 got maybe 1 hour of battery off the cord) or if possible save up for a mac (you most likely could get by on library pc's till your able to afford a macbook at starting price of $999, I had too ;) ) It's worth it believe me!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I buy a new laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment