Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What is the best screen size (laptop) for college?

best laptop screen size for college students
 on Beginner's Guide: 2011's Best Tablets for School - ComputerShopper ...
best laptop screen size for college students image



huh?


Calling out all current and former college students. What do you the best screen size is? Remember its relation to weight!

Also mention if it is the only computer you use either.



Answer
I would go with a 15'' screen. It's a good combination of size and weight. I went to college with a 12'' widescreen and it was ok for a while but when i had to do serious work that required a few hours per night on it, i found that it was too small and strained my eyes after a while. Go with at least a 15'' inch monitor and if you don't need to take it around with you get a 16'' or 17'' widescreen so you can watch movies confortably...

Another option is to get a small laptop and buy yourself a separate monitor for it so you have a proper screen for a laptop that you can carry around on campus..

College Students: What is the most practical screen size?




EEEEKKKK


I am a 12th grader this year and about to apply for college soon. I understand that a laptop is a not a requirement but more a luxury. I was wondering what is the best screen size for college? I plan to use it as my main computer but am unsure if I will bring it to class for notes.Please tell me if this is practical. I will be living off campus so space does not matter. I prefer larger screen sizes (I am current running on a 20 inch), so nothing less than 14".


Answer
As a college student, I was once in your shoes. I used to use a 22" flat LCD monitor before going to college. When I left I got a 17" laptop. At first I figured, I wouldn't have to carry it around often and I really didn't plan to, but I found myself meeting up with friends who wanted to hang out, do homework together, and play games (BF2, WoW, Unreal)... eventually the large laptop become impractical to use. Size and weight were the too largest issues I had with it at the time. The laptop is so bulky that I hate lugging it around campus.

It's been 3 years, and I highly regret purchasing a 17" laptop. Recently, I bought a 15.4" Dell XPS 1530 and do not regret the decision to go smaller. It fits conveniently into my normal bag and is easy to carry with one hand without fearing I'm going to drop it. Granted, laptops have become much lighter than they used to be that doesn't make them any less bulky. My serious recommendation is go with a 15.4" laptop if you ever plan to take it outside your dorm otherwise it'll be a complete incovenience.

Here's my recommendation, if you really what the large screen experience at your dorm... buy a smaller screened laptop that is still managable for everything you need while on the run, but buy a larger monitor for your room. It'll cost about $200-$300 for the larger monitor (assuming your current monitor wouldn't work).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best screen size (laptop) for college?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment