Thursday, January 23, 2014

Is it worth it to purchase extended warranties/service plans when purchasing a laptop?

best laptop for online student
 on Best Laptops for College Students
best laptop for online student image



KathyK


I'm confused by all the extra service plans and warrantiy options when purchasing a laptop online or in the store. Is it worth it to buy extended plans or is the one year they come with usually enough? We are considering a Dell Inspiron for my college freshman.


Answer
Since you are getting it for a student I would say yes. Anything and everything can happen at college. It would be best to hedge your bets.

What type of computer should I purchase?




phillygrl1


HELP!!! I am an online student, and will be starting a blog next month. I need to purchase a new computer preferably with a nice amount of memory. My computer runs like a snail so I need the new one to move quickly, but I don't know what brand is best or what type of specs I should have.
Any suggestions?



Answer
You'll want to buy a PC w/an Intel 2nd-generation core i3 or i5 processor, 4GB of RAM, 500GB or more of disk storage (HDD), a DVD-RW drive, & Microsoft Windows Home Premium 64-bit edition. I'd recommend Dell-they have good quality, excellent support, & reasonable prices. Lenova & ASUS also make nice PC's (but I'd stay away from HP).

Don't get a laptop unless you require portability. Desktops are cheaper & more easily upgraded. Figure somewhere between $450 and $600 for your budget.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it worth it to purchase extended warranties/service plans when purchasing a laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment