Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Please Help! I have an Asus Essential Series 15.6" Laptop PC with intel Core i3 370M Proces. 4GB DDR3, 320GB?




Frank


First off, is this a good computer for a college student?
Mainly though, I am looking to purchase Norton Antivirus Software for it... Do I purchase Norton Internet Security 2011 or Norton Internet Security 2011-Netbook Addition?



Answer
Depending on what you want to do with it. The i3 processor can handle most applications out there, so it is a good choice. The price of the device is also good considering the amount of DDR memory. I see you haven't listed the video card so that means you haven't got plans for any games. A big mistake here, as they could get the stress off your hands.

As for the anti-virus solution, if you really want Norton choose the Netbook edition. It uses smaller resources. My advice would be to purchase BitDefender, Kaspersky or Nod32. I personally use K. and it works great, although it is for experienced users only.

Help! Should I trade in my 2011 Toyota Camry SE 4 Cylinder for a Honda Civic LX Coupe?




Harry


So I've been driving my Camry for half a year now, and frankly I'm bored of it! Please consider that I'm an 18 year old college freshman, and I'm not exactly enthused by the idea of driving a Camry for the next 4 - 10 YEARS! I understand that it's a reliable car as well as extremely durable, however I'm only going to be a college student once and four years isn't exactly something to sniffle at. This is to be the most memorable chapter of my young adult life. I understand that it's selfish of me to make such a massive leap from one big ticket item to another, but I'm 18 and I can't stand the idea of driving such a lack luster vehicle for another day! The Honda Civic LX coupe is a sleek, compact; modern adaptation of the Honda accord, but it doesn't come with a lengthy list of cons. Because I already bought a new Camry, I'm afraid that if I trade it in, I'll end up losing between four - five grand and that isn't exactly reasonable for being driven only six months. The fuel economy for both vehicles are about the same, but the Civic only cranks out 140HP in comparison to my Camry's 169HP. The Civic is thinner, young adult friendly, and in my honest opinion my perfect match (as far as cars go). I feel at home when in a Civic> I'm Asian, 115Lbs., and stand at about 5'6''. The dealer in question is asking four about 20 grand for the exact car I want, and we haven't even discussed the idea of trading in my virgin Camry. My mom hates the idea (she bought my the Camry because she wanted me to drive a safe, reliable, efficient vehicle), but the Civic is just as reliable, efficient, and just about as safe. I recently got a job to pay off the difference lost (though I don't know how long it'll take working at $7.25 an hour at the local cinema to make off the difference of about 5 grand). half a year actually part-time *sad face*. I really want this, but I feel like consulting a broad range of individuals would help enlighten my hastiness. What do you guys think I should do? How much do you think my Camry's worth as a trade-in should be if I do end up trading it in. Is there anyone out there with experience with these issues who can help me? It is a good idea to press forward with my decision, or should I reconsider and keep my Camry the way she is?


Answer
Well, I'm 29 and if I could chose between the two I'd take a Camry. With that said, I understand where you're coming from as Civics are popular amongst younger people...

But lets talk dollars and cents now -- you're about to enter the adult world ... and in the adult world, losing 5 K on a Camry so you can drive a civic when your income is 7 bucks an hour is quite frankly STUPID.

Sure, your heart wants the cute coupe, but your brain should ask you "what else could I do with that 5000" while you're in college.

1. Trip to Europe? I backpacked all over at 21.
2. new clothing? furniture? text books / laptop?
3. Activities / day trips / dates / you get the point

I don't know if you are moving out or staying at home -- and I don't know how much your parents are willing to give you for other expenses that come-up -- given that your mom purchased you a car it's reasonable to think they'll help you out here and there... which is why you would consider doing this to begin with... because if you were independent, you'd have but no choice but to keep the Camry and save the 5k for a real purpose.

Just maybe the "torture" of keeping the Camry will serve to be a life lesson about working with what you got and not wasting unnecessary resources... You should be focusing your energy on other things.

BTW, 7 bucks an hour to make 5K is going to take you more than 700 hours...

I really hope you keep the Camry!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Please Help! I have an Asus Essential Series 15.6" Laptop PC with intel Core i3 370M Proces. 4GB DDR3, 320GB?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment