Friday, April 11, 2014

MacBook Pro vs MacBook Air 2012 for college?




John D


I'll be in college (going to UGA--studying science and literature, so no programming etc.) next semester and was wondering which of these is better for students. I really want to get a 13" laptop, and I don't mind the extra weight of the MacBook Pro; however, I've heard that the new MacBook Air (released mid-June 2012) comes with many cool features and leaves out the obsolete features present on the MacBook Pro (i.e. optical disk drive, etc.) I honestly don't even know if I'll ever use the optical disk drive on the MacBook Pro.

Anyway, I want to get a 13" with 8 GB RAM. Also, should I get a Core i5 or i7 processor? Again, I won't really be doing any gaming/excessive programming on this.

Thanks, and any information helps!



Answer
I'm going to UGA next year too and I just bought a 13" MacBook Pro from the bookstore when I went for orientation. It was only $999 and I got a $100 apple gift card. (Cheapest price I have seen on this certain computer) I got the Pro because I wanted the disc drive to watch movies and it's just easier to download software that comes with a disc. That's just my opinion though. I don't know much about the new MacBook Air but I love my Pro so far!:)

(Mine was 4GB RAM and an i5)

Google Chrome book 2012...Should I buy?




Ashley


I'm a college student so the $250 tag is very attractive. I've looked at the specks and I like it so far. The only problem is possibility the 6 hour battery is a little on the short side and I know nothing about the operating system Chrome OS. What are the general pros and cons Chrome OS? Can it run the program Eclipse because i need to run that program for one of my computer classes. I don't have WIFI at my apartment so when I do have WIFI at the library or Starbucks can I download a file to the computer and work on it offline or is EVERYTHING on the Chrome book done online?


Answer
i wouldn't recommend it since the chrome os is not used commonly and besides if you really looking for a cheap laptop then maybe try Ebay or something. the online websites give lots of options. the main key of buying a new laptop is to look around. don't just buy the cheapest thing you see.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: MacBook Pro vs MacBook Air 2012 for college?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment