Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Can I install Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 on my Windows Vista laptop?

Q. I have a Windows Vista Laptop and was wondering if I can get Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 on it. If you know, please tell me how you got your information, because I don't want to buy the program if it won't work!

Thanks!


Answer
Microsoft Office works as far back as XP, with Vista it should work no problem. If you are having issues running the software visit the Microsoft website at the downloads page and search 'Office 2013 Vista Compatibility'.

I can't install Microsoft Home and Student 2013 on my laptop?

Q. I recently purchased an HP Envy, brand new (thanks to everyone who answered my questions on that BTW, really appreciate it), and also purchased the full version of Microsoft Office Home & Student. However, when I attempted to install the program on my computer, it begins to install, then a message box pops up that says, "Windows cannot find Microsoft Office15 yada yada yada, something something, please make sure you typed it correctly." Then a second box pops up saying something in Spanish, and then nothing. Since I've forgotten all the Spanish I learned in ninth grade, this doesn't help me any. Does anyone have any idea what I can do, because I have a major assignment due and it would be really, really nice if I could get Microsoft Word up and running BEFORE then...thanks for the help!


Answer
Some computers come pre-installed with a version of office. It's best to remove this version before installing your own copy. Do that via "programs and features". Uninstall all Microsoft office you see there, then reboot. now put your Retail 2013 CD in the drive and install it.

If that still fails you can contact Microsoft for free installation support. They do want you to have it working. If you do not have a retail copy (bought at the store for approx. $100) then you might have a pirate version and then all bets are off.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I install Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 on my Windows Vista laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment